Chapter 32

"Tomorrow I'm going to cook you guys breakfast."

"Meghan you really don't have to do that."

"I know but I want to so please allow me to do that for my sister."

April squeezes her hand, "Thank you. I'm looking forward to breakfast."

"Let's go it's almost time for dinner and we are not being great hosts right now my darling," Ashton reminds her.

That night,"I'm glad you and Meghan really talked. It seems you both had a conversation you didn't know you both needed to have."

"Yes we did and she should've sent you an email. Her cousin is looking for a job and he's interested in being your deputy."

"I'll look into it but right now I'm more interested in making sure my wife is okay. How are you feeling?"

"Have you noticed we ask each other a lot of questions?"

"We are still getting to know each other's likes and dislikes."

"I think we know each other's like and dislikes Ashton. It's just we have moved into a more intimate part of our relationship and I don't mean sex."

"The party was great and we know each other well well but we have only known each other for three and a half months. We are still finding out things about each other. It's not a bad thing it's just the journey we need to go on."

She hugs him, "I love you."

He looks at her then blinks a few times,"I'm not ready to say it yet. I feel very strong emotions towards you. Please don't be mad at me."

"You're being honest with me why would I be mad at you Ashton? Just because I tell you love you doesn't mean you have to lied and say you do too if you don't."

"I'm not going anywhere April always remember that."

"I know Ashton, I know."

"You're emphasizing my name April."

"Am I. I'm sorry it's just I expected you to say I love you back to me, but you can't force someone to feel what they don't."

"Don't let this tear us apart April."

"It won't. I was going to say because we love each other but we don't."

"Wait for me okay I will say it, I promise."

"Ok I will since you're worth the wait Ashton."

"Please remember you said that April."

The following weeks were very busy both Ashton and April met with Prince Julio and liked him. It helps his resume and references were outstanding. They gave him a six-week trial after April checked him out throughly in her other role.

"My mom wants us to go to Nebraska this weekend. It's the anniversary of my dad's death. I've not visited his grave since last year."

"Wait you've been to Nebraska for the last five years without your family knowing?"

"I think my mum knows but never says anything about it. Do you want to go?"

"Are we staying at her house and does your siblings still live at home?"

"As far as I know mum lives by herself but there's a bed and breakfast we can stay in if you would like."

"I prefer to stay in a separate house to your family and let's agree to not speak about anything important in front of them. Or in your mother's house we don't want to hear back later what we said in the newspapers."