Chapter 12

April was enjoying spending time with Ashton. She couldn't remember the last time she genuinely laughed so much with her old friends. The next morning Ashton and April walk downstairs to see a tall dark-haired man in a suit. "Good morning, sir, madam. I'm your new butler Peter Hale. My wife Sally is in the kitchen cooking breakfast."

"It's nice to meet you Peter," says Ashton as he goes to shake his hand. "This is my wife April. We are having a party later in the week."

"And the guest doesn't know you're married." finishes Peter. "Derek has bought the paperwork for you to sign to file your marriage."

April and Ashton were stunned.

"My job is to protect and serve you and I was well briefed by my former charge." Says Peter as he shivers.

"You watched over Derek?" Realises April.

"Yes, ma'am I did and since he doesn't need me anymore. I've been assigned to you and I've been promoted. That man doesn't suffer fools lightly but he's a fair man. I like to give credit where credit's is due. My wife and I will do our best for you. I've been to your house in New York April it's very nice."

"Wait what!" Shouts April.

"I mean ma'am."

"I've only been here for five days Peter. When did you and how did you get into my house?"

"From your housekeeper and from the moment she let a stranger into your home her time with you was done. She let me in by the way only five minutes after you left for England."

"Wow I had no idea she was like that. I wonder who else she has let into my house when I wasn't there?"

"I'm going to be honest with you ma'am. I went to your house a week ago and place a hidden camera in your hallway."

"You did what?" Shout April.

"On the bosses' order. Your friend Mindy likes to pretend she lives at your apartment. Did you know that? While you're at work she invites people over for brunch. Your housekeeper was making a lot of money off of her."

"Wow my friend and employee are no good," says April sadly.

"To make up for planting the camera I did something good," Peter starts cackling.

"I need coffee and Ashton we need to go over the invitation list for our wedding and the party. I'm not even going to ask what you did Peter because I'm sure I'll find out anyway."

"I know you're not going to introduce your wife to us while she's holding a breakfast tray Peter."

"Of course not sir. Darling come meet our new owners. I mean bosses," yells Peter down the hall.

A dark haired five-foot five woman with brown eyes wipe her hands on her apron. She curtsies, "I'm Pamela it's nice to meet you both."

"And you Sally you don't need to curtsy to us."

"Ok ma'am," she bows instead.

"What are we having for breakfast?" Ask Ashton doing his best to change the subject since he knew why Sally bowed to them.

"Pancakes, sausages, eggs and oatmeal," answers Peter.

"Excellent."

Later April rubs her wrist, "How is it only one o'clock. Yet it feels like we have been making wedding plans for hours."

"That's because we have been April. At least the party invitations have been sent by email. "

"Ash let's do something fun today. How about that picnic in Hyde Park. "