Chapter 35

"You were carrying around such a heavy burden Ashton. Thank you for telling me."

"This doesn't t mean every time we have an argument or something goes wrong I'm thinking of doing myself in April."

"Guess what since I've met you things have gone wrong in our lives and we have argued and you're still here. Your past actions don't define everything about you Ashton. It's a still of your life in a certain moment."

"Thank you for listening and letting me get everything out before coming at me with the questions."

"You're welcome, you once said Menden is a place of healing. Let's stay there for couple weeks. I can work on my new company and you can help me while checking on our company in the states."

"Sounds like a plan and please don't let me leave Menden until I've said goodby to granddad will you."

"I promise I won't."

"Ashton, April what a lovely surprise."

"Hello grandmother we spent the weekend in Paris and decided to stay in Menden for a while."

"I've m miss you so much. Hello, April dear."

"Hi Cassie. Its lovely to see you again."

"And you my dear. Ashton your dad should be here no later than ten p.m. tonight. He is in London visiting your mother they went to the opera with Elizabeth."

"That's nice."

"Ashton, April while the staff get your room ready for you please sit and have some tea with me. April that dress is lovely did you have a nice time in Paris?"

"I did, we visited so many different sites including the Eiffel Tower. I'm going to start a new company and hopefully Menden will give me tons of inspiration."

"I'm sure Ashton will be a big help to you as will his father."

Ashton how long are you both staying for?"

"Couple weeks, we aren't sure yet. The only thing I know for sure is I'm taking April horseback reading tomorrow."

Later that night, "Ashton can you unzip me please."

He walks over to April and unzips her pale blue dress. "Have I told you you look lovely today because you do."

"Thank you, Ashton."

"We both need to heal don't we April and no I wasn't asking a question. I already know the answer to."

She says nothing and changes into her nightdress. "You're right I need to heal."

"Come here," she walks over to Ashton who was sat on the bed and he embraces her.

"I want you to know that I don't see you as less than Ashton. You're the head of our household and you are completely in charge of the company. Have I told you how much I enjoy working at a slower pace lately?"

"You don't have to tell me I can see it. You don't look stressed out anymore."

"I know you didn't finish med school but you clearly enjoyed it to some extent. I'm seen how passionate you're at work when you speak to doctors and scientists."

"At the time I hated university but five years later I can admit to myself somewhere along the way. I ended up enjoying the science aspect of it. Every now and then a part of me wants to take that one last test so I can say I passed medical school."

"Then do it."

'One day I might but right now I'm concentrating on finally being the boss of my own firm. I promised you I would buy you a house so I'm going to buy our current home as a gift for you."

"Omg really, I would love that so much and it means we can finally put our own stamp on this place. I think the room next to ours would be perfect for a nursery."

"We are going to have a nanny so putting the nursery on another floor with space for the nanny makes sense. Plus we have that area in our suite that would be perfect place to put a crib and changing table. The baby can stay in the same room with us sometimes and the nanny can see to him/her at night."

"Was that what your parents did when you were growing up Ashton?"

"Yes it was."

"Let's do that then."

The following day, "You should've told me it was your first time on a horse April."

"I think I managed okay for a beginner Ashton. Menden in the summer is stunning. I want to see everything while I'm here Ashton and I do mean everything."

"We can do that." He looks at his watch, "Its almost nine a.m. in New York. I need to have a conference call with Julio. I'll see you later." He gives her a quick kiss.

April has a quick shower and change into a yellow jumpsuit. She leaves her hair down and make sure she was comfortable on the bed. She crosses her legs and opens her MacBook. She formulates a plan, a company, staff, premises. "Great now I need to tackle them one by one," she says to herself out loud.

"How's it going darling?" Ask Ashton as he walks into their bedroom.

"Good but I'm kinda stuck. I know some of the test a hosptial would want a company to do on their patients. But I can't help thinking I'm missing something."

He takes a look at her computer, "You're trying to be an all-encompassing company. You need to decide if the new company will focus on infection science, blood science, cell science or gene science."

"That makes sense it's nice to have a doctor's point of view. Cell science is the bread and butter of a lot of companies. Checking if someone has an infection is something a lot of hosptial labs do. I think concentrating on gene science will be good especially when we have a company that deals in medical patents. I do want my company to deal with blood science as well since transfusion science and haematology is something I've very much interested in."