Chapter 24

"Thank you, April has really help me to deal with my grief."

"I'm glad to know that.  I hope the two of us will become good friends Ashton."

"I would like that as well."

April goes in the kitchen and ask Pamela how much longer until dinner."

"An hour," she replies. "The nanny is seeing to the little one's dinner now."

April walks back towards the living room to hear Ethan tell Meghan they love her. "It's just awkward since we were estranged for so long."

"Then make sure you double your efforts to grow the relationships again. She is still your sibling and daughter. "

April clears her throat and walks into the room, "Dinner will be ready in an hour."

"That's great.  Alice, Sarah and I have a surprise for you tomorrow April. "

"What Meghan?"

"If I tell you what it is it wouldn't be a surprise now, would it."

"There's still so much to do for the wedding April so you won't be able to go with her tomorrow," protest Kimberly.

"Actually, Kimberly everything is done. I have a great wedding planner and they've organised everything."

"Oh, "she looks disappointed at her sister's words.  "When you get back from honeymoon, I'll take you to vegas."

"Ashton and I are going on a three-week honeymoon. I'll let you know when I'm back in the states, okay sis."

"Ok," replies Kimberly as she attempts to smile at Meghan.

Dinner was a very polite affair and if April was being honest not pleasant. "Darling did something happy after I left the room. Your family seem upset at Meghan for some reason."

"When I left the room, she told them she thought they were more interested in what I could do for them instead of me.  I'm getting married so naturally Meghan and George bought us a gift. Even their kids made us cards but my family didn't even get us a congratulatory card or a gift."

He hugs her from behind, "I'm sorry.  We need to think about our future, if they want to be a part of it great. If not, you have other family and friends now.  Your mother does seem genuine though. I didn't expect that but she does seem to love you."

"I'm not going to beg someone to care about me Ashton. It's giving them too much power over me.  I thought my siblings and I made up and my mother would be the person to make our time together awkward.  I was wrong."

"We get married in two days let's enjoy the buildup to our wedding day.  Are you joining Meghan and your mother for a swim before bed?"

"Yes."

Meghan places a sash over April's head with bride on it and a hair band with a veil with two LL's on it on her head the following day. "Surprise we are having a hen do for you."

April was delighted, "Really."

"Yes, I've booked out a very nice place for us."

April was ecstatic when she sees some of her work colleagues, friends, and Ashton female relatives in the wine bar.  "Tonight, is about you enjoying yourself before you say I do tomorrow."

"This is such a wonderful surprise Meghan, thank you."

"You're welcome."

While April's was having her hen night Ashton was having his stag do at a private member's club.  "Pease tell me there isn't a stripper," he begs.

"Of course, there's isn't, "his brother assures him.

April watches as her wedding dress is steam ironed, it was her big day.

Ashton twirls her on the dance floor, "Well Lady Adams tonight is the night."

She blushes and smiles shyly at him, "You are playing coy after what I've seen you do to yourself and me."

"We haven't had sex yet hubby but I'm really looking forward to our first time together," he dips her.

The wedding guest applauds them, "I've had the wedding of my dreams thank you."

"Now April, I will give you the wedding night of yours."  her breathe hitches.

In their bedroom he slowly undresses her, "This isn't a marathon Ashton go faster."

"You said you wanted it nice and slow remember."

"I've hadn't sex in five years slow is overrated Ashton."

"Don't worry it will be special I promise you."

April pants, "You have an amazing mouth, your hands, your wow. You were right our first time shouldn't have been rushed. I hope I was worth the wait."

"You were, I'm glad we spent our wedding night in a hotel your family didn't need to hear your screams.  Wow you're loud."

"You should take it as a compliment my darling husband. I'm looking forward to spending at least a week in our hotel in Jamaica doing nothing but having sex with you."

"I hear a lot of honeymooners do that I'm glad we aren't using protection. If you get pregnant on our honeymoon it will be really nice.

"Yes, it will be," agrees April. "Right now, I just want to concentrate on the two of us in our own little bubble for the next three weeks."

So that's what they did.  The return to New York brings with it a very busy week of work for Ashton and April.

Four days after they returned from honeymoon April was unpacking her suitcase when she saw it. A frame picture of her mother and father who was holding her in his arms as a baby was in a compartment along with a letter. She tears open the letter with trembling hands.

To my baby girl, April recognises her mother's handwriting. "As wedding traditions go this is your something old from me. I so wish your father was here to walk you down the aisle.