Chapter 28

"Please April, Brad lost his job and we have lost our home. The condo board kicked us out for some reason. We are staying in a hotel so I'm desperate.  Pleas you have to help me."

April stops walking and look at her former friend on the floor kneeling in front of her. "No, I really don't."

"We are homeless, April everywhere Brad goes to get an interview he's denied one even though they're hiring."

"That's not my problem Mindy."

"Did you black ball him April?" Ask Mindy.

"Why would I do that?"

"You changed your phone number and I'm guessing you blocked my email address as well.  Since I'm not getting a reply when I try to contact you.

"That should tell you that you are persona non grata to her shouldn't it," says Ashton.

"I was your good friend April and I know all your secrets remember. I can go to the press and tell them about what we have talked about."

"First of all Mindy we never talked about anything deep because you were only interested in my money and what I can do for you. There's nothing you can go to the press and tell them. If your threat was real your money loving behind would've done so years ago. You want to know the best part about your threat.  If you did go to the press about me, an editor or reporter would've called and told me about it. You see Mindy darling while you were on your back servicing your husband and who knows who else. I was working my ass off to turn a multimillion-dollar company into a billion-dollar empire. I advertise in magazines and newspapers. Mindy, they need my ad revenue.  So, they are not going to bash me and then not tell me who gave them the story."

"I was loyal to you April," she screams.

A man approaches Mindy, "I'm interested in the apartment you have for sale. This one," he shows her some photos on his phone then shows it to April. "It's lovely, isn't it? I've been trying to get in to see it unfortunately the condo board won't even speak to me. Except to say it's not for sale."

Ashton and April knew the interior of the appointment well since it was theirs. Mindy was trying to sell their apartment without them knowing. "Did you pay a fee to her?" Ask Ashton.

"Yes, I did."

"And you have the paperwork to prove that?" Ask Ashton again.

"I do."

"Then sir I need your details you and I need to have chat."

April looks at Mindy, "To think I called you a friend. You're a leech remember that always."

April and Derek phone rings at the same time, "Hello." They say together.

"It's Annalise look straight ahead."

They do and see her walk out of an alleyway. She waves at them and ends the call.

They walk towards her, "Please," pleads Mindy.

They ignore her and walk by her.

"Annalise what are you doing here?"

"Well Ashton you're a Turner and we have a situation you need to deal with. It's also a chance for April as a Grant to live up to her name.

"I don't know what you're implying Annalise."

"You will April, I'll say this much Mindy is desperate.  So desperate she and her hubby have come up on my radar. That's not a good thing."

"We have work to go back to Annalise and that man is filming Mindy. They will put your photo in the newspapers picture or online."

"Don't worry April, he's one of mine."