Chapter 15

"April this is my best friend Jack Henry and his wife Chloe."

April extends a hand to Jack first. He was in his early thirties about five foot eleven with red hair and blue eyes. "It's nice to finally meet you Jack I've heard so much about you." She turns to Chloe, "it's nice to meet you too Chloé. I love your dress." She was wearing a black one shoulder chiffon dress.

"Thank you," replies Chloe with a french accent.

"You're french?"

"Oui(yes)."

"It's nice to see a friendly face."

Chloe laughs, "I think we will become great friends. Ashton tells me you guys are going to New York tomorrow. I'm staying at the Dorchester for a week from Monday. I would love to have lunch with you while I'm in the states."

"I'll love that."

After meeting all of Ashton's friends and colleagues April smiles to herself because the night was going well. Ashton hugs her from behind, "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yes I'm."

He kisses her on the head, "Good."

The next day April was busy sorting through her clothes. "Don't forget you're going to need clothes here as well."

"I'll bring my new clothes to New York with us. I want to wear this to work on Monday." April holds up a light green empire line dress for Ashton to see.

"It's cute. I'll make sure we match on Monday."

"Your apartment it's stunning," Ashton walks into her living room. "Is that the cloud sofa you were telling me you wanted for our London home?"

"Yes, go on try it."

He takes a seat and sits in different positions, "Yeah we are definitely getting one of these for the town house."

"I'm going to check that woman's room."

Ashton walks towards her, "Derek assured me she's gone. He also has checked this place for bugs, cameras and fingerprints. Even your furniture has been replaced remember."

"Gosh he's scary."

"He has power and he's not afraid to use it."

"Is there anything you want to do this weekend Ashton?"

"Rest, the week has been jammed packed and I'm sure you must be knackered."

"What does that word me again?" Ask April.

"Very tired."

"There's a very discrete spa we could go to this weekend if you're up for it," suggest April.

"Let's rest today and tomorrow and let Peter make the reservation for Sunday deal?"

"Deal, I'm going to treat you to a New York pizza. I know a great restaurant that delivers."

"Great we can finalise our honeymoon plans. I'm just glad the wedding is in t-minus three weeks April".

"I will show you around my humble little home and yes I love having all white furniture."

He follows her out the room, "This is bathroom number five.' April notices there were some changes in her bathroom , "Wait a minute the tiles were white it's now black."

"Are you mad about that?"

"Not really Ashton clearly this place has been cleaned from top to bottom. It's like Derek wanted to cleanse this place off the horrible people that walked in here."

"I did this for you I asked Derek if he knew a company that could do all this for you. I knew you would feel weird about coming back here after everything you learned."

She hugs him, "Thank you. I didn't recognise the doorman Ashton was that your doing as well?"

"I let the condo board know what was going on and they hired new people."

"I haven't had someone look out for me like this in a while. Meghan used to make sure I ate, went home on time and take days off."

"I'm here now."

"I'm glad. The paperwork for you to take charge of the company should be ready soon. Are you ready to be the boss Ashton?"

"I'm. Your company is massive and a lot of people will depend on me. I can't lie I'm excited for the challenge. What about you?"

"I'll help you settle in and stay on for a while but after giving that place five years of my life to the expense of everything else I want a break from it. Who knows maybe I'll start a little boutique or something."

"If that's what you want to do honey, I'll support you one hundred percent. I know I'll be running it but it's still your company April."

"I know and our son or daughter will run it one day. If they aren't not needed or until they are needed if it comes to that."

"My wife the billionaire. I can boast my wife added three billion dollars to a company in five years. If anyone tries to diminish your achievements always remember that. If you took the company and not that man's money you would've still become a billionaire."

She cries, "Thank you so much. Let me show you to our bedroom.

"It's pink", says Ashton.

"Does that bother you?"

"It's shades of light pink, whites and silver it's nice."

"There's only one bathroom but it has two sinks. The other bedrooms have huge walking closets if you don't want to share mine."

"We will figure what to do with my clothes later, right now I just want to explore my new home.

"This pizza is greasy and delicious,"  Ashton takes another bite of his veggie pizza.

"It's a shame there's no in and out burger places in Manhattan Ashton. Their burgers are amazing."

"I'm sure I'll get a chance to try it one day April."

Later that night April and Ashton were spooning in bed. "I went to England on a whim and came back a secret bride. I had a very surreal trip but I'm happy."

"You never showed me the present my mum gave you."

"You're right. I'm so sorry for falling asleep while we were talking that day." She get out of bed and opens a box on her nightstand. Inside the box was a simple diamond tiara. "She wants me to wear this on our wedding day."

"It's lovely."

"It really is."

The visit to the spa was amazing they both have a manicure and pedicure then a hot stone massage. April also has a facial as well and as she and Ashton walk out the spa they see photographers.