Chapter 21

April sees her brother Ethan first his mop of blonde hair was in desperate need of a trim. He takes off his coat and gives it to Peter then runs towards her. "Sis you're looking well. I miss that bright smile of yours." He hugs her and lifts her up then he sees Ashton, "This must be your fiancé, "I'm Ethan her baby brother."

Ashton shakes his hand, "It's nice to finally meet you, Ethan."

"And you Ashton or is it, Lord Ashton?"

"It's Lord Adam, your sister and I run a formal household." So that's how you want to play it, ok I'll bite. Thinks Ashton. "The drawing room is the second door on the right please go inside refreshments have been laid out."

"Thanks."

A woman with a mixture of brown and blonde hair hugs April, "Hey April it's been too long." She hugs her sister, "Mum has been looking forward to seeing you for a while."

"Really?" Ask April while thinking she could've seen me anytime she wanted to. Instead, she says, "Really we have a lot of catching up to do."

"I can't wait to see your wedding dress sis."

Ashton was shocked at everyone acting like there wasn't an estrangement.

"It's in London."

"I can't wait to go."

April look at her mother who couldn't meet her eye and swallows nervously, "Hi mum it's nice to see you again".

"I should be saying that to you."

"You're here for my wedding let's not fight okay. I know you like chocolate covered Brazil Nuts. I got you lots of different types to take home with you."

Her mother hugs her and April feels the tears on her shoulder, "I'm really glad you're here mum. Can I still call you that?"

"I don't need a piece of paper or a blood test tying me to you to tell me I'm your mother. I will always be your mother and never forget that my baby girl."

"Thank you, mama."

When everyone was in the drawing room Ashton watch the interactions between his wife and her family some more. Her mother didn't want to let go of her hand and her brother was busy taking photos of everyone.

"Please don't share those photos with the press or social media Ethan. "

"I haven't been to the press and talk about my sister in five years Anton. I'm not about to do anything now that will bring danger to her door."

"That's good to know Ethan," he replies.

I can't wait to get the full tour of this place. This is the penthouse right April?"

"It is Ethan, it's a duplex with five bedrooms and five bathrooms."

"Ashton you are taking over April's company." Ask April's mother Mary.

"Yes, ma'am I'm."

"Your family is worth billions of dollars which tells me you don't need her money. I'm still going to say my piece anyway. My daughter has worked very hard to make that company into what it is today. Make sure the company doesn't fail because if it does. I'll personally hold you responsible for it."

"Don't worry ma'am I won't let it fail and you raised a wonderful woman."

"Mum has kept every magazine cover and article about you April and she can't stop bragging about you to our friends. Don't worry she didn't betray your confidence none of us would do that sis."

"Thanks Ethan."

"I can't believe you send a private plane for us honey. It was really nice of you to do that."

"We are taking the same plane to London mum."

"I feel rich."

"You have a rich daughter mum so technically you're rich."

"I paid off the mortgage couple weeks ago April."

"It took you five years to finally spent the money I gave you. You should start using your credit card too mum."

"Okay honey I will."

Ashton notices that Kimberly doesn't say much.

"What do you do Kimberly?" Ashton asks like he didn't already know.

"I'm a teacher Ashton but I'm thinking of going back to school."

"Real Kim?" Ask April.

"I always wanted to be a doctor like dad but couldn't afford to study medicine now I can."

"If that's what you want to do Kim then do it."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence sis and I've already started making enquiries about studying medicine."

Ashton wraps his arm around April in their bed that night. "Are you and your family okay now? It's just your mother seems unsure of how to interact with you. It's clear to see she loves you which begs the question why she has been cold towards you in the past. It really took her five years to spent any of the money you gave her?"

"Yep, and the credit card I gave her pings me when she spends on it. It hasn't pinged once."

"The important thing is you guys have talked through some of your issues."

"I know and I won't feel uncomfortable seeing them at my wedding now."

"That's good to know. I can't wait to go back to England tomorrow. I've missed my family a lot. I even miss Menden and I never thought I would ever miss that place."

"Home sweet home," says Ashton as the car pulls up outside his townhouse. Mi casa is su casa," he tells the Jones.

After showing her family the house and their rooms. Ashton and April leave them to settle in since it was nighttime.

"I want us to try experimenting on each other tonight, Ashton."

"Is that wise I'm not sure I can control myself if your hands are all over me."

"We will stop before it gets to that stage. How about a safe word?"

"I want our wedding night to be special for the both of us April."

"It will be I thought we were learning to be comfortable with each other's body."

"We are, okay chose a safe word."

"How about sunflowers."

"Why that word?"

"It's my favorite flower."

"Really that's good to know."

April wraps the sheet around her naked, glistening body," "That was something. I feel like I'm being taught to not only except my body and love it flaws and all but to also appreciate it. You can control your emotions really well Ashton."

"I did that for you, make you love your body more?"

"Yes you did. We both need a shower and the bed sheets changed."

"I'll strip the bed and ask Pamela to remake it.," says Ashton.

"Crap she will know what we were doing?"

"Do you think that she and her husband don't get it on. They're married and need to produce a son or daughter to protect our child. So naturally they have sex April."

They have a leisurely shower together then snuggle together under the duvet. "Can you turn the heating back up Ashton since our bedroom activities are done for the night."

"Your royal highnesses it's nice to meet you both." Ashton bows to Crown Princess Meghan and her husband Prince George the next day.

BROKEN MEETS GRIEFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara