○prologue○

"Dad is going to ground you if mama doesn't kill you first." Kiri urgently whispered to her stubborn brother. She along with three of her siblings and her best friend were currently tracking large avatar footprints.

Lo'ak quickly shushes her and continues to study the avatars.

"Do you have a death wish?" Liia hissed at him while crouching down behind him. She was only eleven but she knew what her brother was doing was extremely dangerous. Kiri sighed and placed her hand on her younger sister's shoulder.

"Bro, we have to check this out." Lo'ak eagerly turned to Spider and tilts his head towards the avatars surrounding the old battle grounds. Liia silently shook her head at the both of them and hugged her younger sister close to her. She knew they shouldn't have gone here but she didn't want to ruin the fun.

"You need to call it in." Kiri desperately wanted to go back home where it was safe. The last thing she wanted was for one of them to get hurt. Lo'ak spared a glance at his sisters' faces and hisses slightly before giving in.

"Devil dog, devil dog, this is Eagle eye over." The group of teens looked at each other in silence while he waited for a response.

Their father's voice came over the comms, clear as day. "Eagle eye, send your traffic."

"I got eyes on some guys, they look like avatars, but they're in full camo gear and carrying AR's. There's six of them, over."

"What's your location? Over." Lo'ak felt his heart drop at the fact he knew his parents would be angry at the fact he disobeyed them and even worse, took his siblings with him.

"We're at the old shack."

"Who's we?" There was a beat of silence before he could muster up the courage to respond.

"Me, Spider, Kiri....Liia and Tuk." He hesitated at his sisters' names and glanced at the both of them. He could only imagine the look of frustration and anger on his father's face.

"Son, you listen to me very carefully. Pull back right now. Do not make a sound, get the hell out of there right now. You copy?"

"Yes sir, moving out." With that, the group got up slowly and started to head back home. Liia was holding onto Kiri's hand while Tuk was holding her tail. Kiri made eye contact with Lo'ak before rolling her eyes.

"See? I told you. Just wait till mama finds out. She's actually going to kill you." Lo'ak winced at the thought of facing their very protective mom. He could handle the disappointment, scoldings and looks from both his dad and mother but hearing his ma tell him off, well that was a different story. He looked up to his mom a lot because she was once an outcast in their clan because of her very different origins but she adapted. She was soon known as the wife of Jake Sully and Neytiri. She fought bravely in the war against the sky people and saved her mates from the evil hands of mankind. His dream was to live up to her name and make her proud but he knew this incident would set him back a lot.

Tuk let go off Liia's tail and grabbed her hand instead. She pulled her big sister to the front of the group while skipping. Once she realized how slow the others were walking she turned around to face them.

"It's almost eclipse, guys! Come on!" Liia giggled at her whining before she froze when an avatar grabbed Tuk harshly. Lo'ak and Spider quickly jumped in front of the girls while pointing their bows at the threat while hissing menacingly. Kiri pushed Liia behind her while crying out for Tuk.

"Let her go!" Dropping down in a defensive stand, Liia hissed loudly at the intruders and bared her larger than normal fangs at them. It wasn't long before more avatars joined the group and pointed their guns at the teens.

"Put it down or I'll shoot!" The avatar yells at them which causes Lo'ak to drop his bow almost immediately. Spider was a little more hesitant but eventually obeyed as well. The avatars rushed to grab all the kids and forced them to kneel. Liia could feel her eyes watering but tried her hardest to fight her tears because she wanted to be strong for her siblings. She's always wanted to be a warrior like her parents but now she recognized how weak she was compared to actual enemies.

Tuk cried out while trying to reach her big sisters but a strong tug on her queue made her stop struggling. She began to sob and tried calling for her siblings instead.

"Calm, be calm, it's okay." Kiri couldn't see them anymore but tried her best to ease her little sister' cries.

They all fell silent as heavy steps filled the area.

"Colonel, look at that one. Looks familiar, huh?" The avatar points at Liia and the "colonel" stares at her in shock before slowly making his way over to her. Lo'ak started to struggle again at the sight of an unknown man approaching his sister.

The man crouched down in front of Liia before looking at her features up close. She had ocean eyes and a skin color slightly brighter than her siblings. Her stripes were a dark blue but her freckles were pure white and covered her body. Her tail was a little thicker than the others and her arms and legs were covered in more muscle.

She glared at the man hatefully and opened her mouth with a deep growl escaping her. He only chuckled before falling silent for a brief moment.

"Who are your parents?" Liia knew the question was asked because of her looks. She took after her mama more than the others although, Tuk had some of their shared features, it wasn't that obvious unless you looked for it.

She refused to answer him which caused him to pull out his knife. At the sight of it, the small group of Na'vi and the human began to loudly cry out for the safety of Liia.

"Hey Colonel, look, four fingers. We got a half breed." At his fellow avatar's words, the man stood up quickly and walked over to Lo'ak.

Lo'ak let out a sigh of relief at the fact the attention was now on him and not his sister. Liia only stared at the ground as tears dripped down her face and she only wished that their parents would save them.