○seventeen○

● "Dad, help! It's mama and Neteyam!"

The fear that ran through Jake felt like ice in his veins.

The teens did their best to get the two onto a rock that would hold all of them.

Jake rushed over to help them support Nayliä who looked to be in worse shape. Through all the blood, he couldn't see exactly where they were hurt.

"Watch her head!" Nayliä groaned with each movement but tried to stay strong for her family. There was a pulsing pain in her back area.

Lo'ak moved to put pressure on her wound while Jake helped pull Neteyam next to her.

"When I said we'd go together, I didn't mean it like this."

Nayliä snorted at her oldest son's comment but the others were panicking.

Jake found a bullet wound into Nayliä's shoulder blade and her back. He winced when he saw it went straight through. Her arm was rendered completely useless and there was a lot of missing flesh from her once strong muscles.

Then he looked at Neteyam and could see that exact bullet carved into his back.

When they jumped off the ship, Nayliä tackled Neteyam into the water, causing their bodies to line up weirdly but she was able to take the blunt of the initial attack.

Neytiri saw her family gathered around and feared for the worse. She ran over and gasped at her wife and son's body.

"It's okay love. It's just my shoulder, it hurts like hell though."

Neytiri hissed at her and started to grab the bandages she had in her pouch to wrap around the wound. She was subconsciously thanking Rey'na for suggesting her to take some. Good news is that it didn't hit any vital places and the bleeding was slowing down on it's own. Neytiri thought her mind was playing tricks on her when she saw little pieces of skin mend back together.

Spider was worried for his freshly claimed mother and sat next to her head. Neytiri stared at him briefly and saw the love he had for her mate in his eyes. She faltered for a split second and softly asked Spider to handher different things as she worked. The boy was more than happy to help.

Since Neytiri was taking care of their mate, Jake worked on Neteyam.

"I won't lie to you son, this is gonna hurt like a bitch."

Neteyam flinched when Jake's fingers started to dig around his open wound.

Lo'ak could see the pain he was experiencing and crouched down in front of his brother. He grabbed his hand and Neteyam gripped it tightly with clenched teeth. Tsireya leaned against Lo'ak and rubbed soothing circles on Neteyam's head, hoping to ease some of his pain.

"Alright, I got it all out. I just need to stop the bleeding."

"You both are so stupid. I can't believe this!"

Nayliä wanted to make a snarky remark but a sharp pain from her stomach made her jerk away from Neytiri's hands.

She folded in on herself and everyone looked at her.

Neytiri and Jake could feel exactly what was causing their mate so much agony and they turned to each other with wide eyes.

"No, not now! You can't be serious!"

Nayliä couldn't believe now out of all times, this was happening.

Jake and Neytiri moved to her sides and grabbed her hands. They all desperately hoped their child didn't decide now was the perfect chance to enter the world.