○twenty|six○

● Rey'na sat alone in her home. She let her family leave without her this morning in favor of wanting to be alone. Today was one of her off days and she needed space.

She forced herself to get up and start cleaning up. She picked up all the toys, washed the dishes and clothes and she prepared what she would need to cook lunch. Then she leaned her back against a makeshift counter and bit her bottom lip harshly.

She was officially out of distractions.

Her mind was at war with itself. One side tried not to think or even feel anything about Nayliä but the other side replayed memories after memories and Rey'na couldn't take it anymore.

She slid down to the ground and pulled her knees to her chest. She buried her head into her arms and tried to block out anything related to her deceased sister. It all hurt too much and she just wanted it to end.

Unfortunately, she lost her battle and couldn't stop her mind from conjuring up different images.

Her anger and agony started to build up and she fought the urge to destroy her home.

All she could see was red and her fist balled up tightly.

She couldn't be mad at anyone and that alone pissed her off.

Nayliä's death wasn't anyone's fault besides the sky people and they were gone.

Rey'na wished she had killed a few more. Or maybe taken a few hostage so she could torture them slowly.

She hissed out in frustration and stood up abruptly. The rage she felt made her gums itch with the desire to sink her teeth into someone's neck until she tasted their blood.

The woman paced back and forth and took deep breaths to calm down. Nayliä wouldn't want her to be this upset.

But Nayliä wasn't fucking here anymore.

With that being said, Rey'na grabbed random items and threw them with her face contorted into a snarl. Her ears were pinned back and her tail began to move violently behind her. 

She heard Nayliä's voice in her head and it made her feel insane.

"Rey'na! You look incredible!"

The woman clenched her jaw and huffed angrily.

"You're still short I see."

She grit her teeth together and harshly covered her ears.

"I gotta find the kids!"

She had no idea that would be the last time she saw Nayliä alive.

She picked up a random toy and threw it but when she saw where it landed she gasped and rushed to retrieve it.

It had bounced over to a small corner where Rey'na had set up a gorgeous tribute to Nayliä.

It had all her favorite flowers and jewels. It also had a few outfits and weapons that Rey'na made for her but never got to actually give to her.

Rey'na would sometimes sit in that corner and cry in the arms of her husband. Other times she would sit there in silence and be lost in her own thoughts.

Her eyes were full of tears and she rearranged the flowers carefully even though her hands had started to shake. When she deemed it to be perfect she smiled brokenly and leaned back to view it.

"I know you prefer the bright pink flowers but they aren't in season just yet. When the first one blooms, I'll pick it just for you." She didn't even realize that she spoke in present tense.

She wiped her eyes and tried forcing a smile but couldn't bring herself to do it.

"I'm sorry, sis, I can't seem to smile at the moment but tomorrow I'll give you my biggest and brightest smile, okay?"

The woman felt herself starting to feel a little better and knew she couldn't put off her daily routine any longer. She also wanted to check up on everyone to make sure they were doing as good as they possibly could. She knew Nayliä would be happy that she checked up on her family so she pushed herself off the floor and mentally prepared herself for the day.

When she thought she was ready, she glanced at that little corner and sighed.

"I miss you Nayliä."

"Aww, I've missed you too sis."

Rey'na almost broke her neck with how quickly she looked behind her.

Nayliä stood there in all her glory and beamed at her.

She probably should've braced herself because Rey'na ran at her with such speed and strength that they both fell to the ground.

Rey'na spit out strings of curse words but she wrapped her entire body around Nayliä.

She paused and leaned her head down on Nayliä's chest and over her heartbeat.

"You're actually here. Nayliä, you're alive!" She outright laughed breathlessly in disbelief.

Nayliä picked her head up and wiped her tears away.

Rey'na didn't care about how much of a mess she looked at the moment and sobbed.

"You came home! You came back to me."

Nayliä laughed softly and allowed her own tears to fall.

"Yes, Rey'na, I've come back home."

Rey'na inhaled sharply at the use of her name. She couldn't be bothered enough to ask anything. She was just so ecstatic that Nayliä was here.

Nayliä went to get up, but Rey'na only tightened her hold.

She sighed happily and wrapped her arms around Rey'na, who nestled into her even more.

Rey'na had a hard time believing that she was actually hugging the one person she desperately needed. She never wanted to let go again.

"I'm so mad at you right now." Her voice was muffled from her face being hidden in Nayliä's shoulder.

Nayliä hummed, "Why?"

"You told me that you would be okay but you lied."

"I know and I'm so sorry for leaving you."

Rey'na didn't respond, she was too busy taking in Nayliä's presence again. And so, Nayliä looked around the place.

"You made that for me?"

Rey'na felt herself become embarrassed but she nodded.

"It's beautiful and so colorful. I love it so much, thank you for making something that incredible for me."

Rey'na then realized she would be able to give her all the gifts she had made.

She jumped up and pulled Nayliä closer to everything that was made purely out of love for her.

"I have so much to show you and give you."

Nayliä giggled at her eagerness.

"I can't wait to see it all."●

"●