○thirteen○

A/N

{Thank you all for 8k reads! I'm so thankful for everyone. Please don't be afraid to vote and comment. I read all of them and love seeing what you guys think!}

● Neytiri had her tail wrapped around Nayliä's thigh as she watched her sleep. After the emotionally draining day, Nayliä fell asleep quickly. She laid on the sleeping mat with a blanket wrapped around her. Both her mates quietly talked over her. They tried to keep their voices down as the kids were sleeping too.

Neytiri smiled and brushed a few hairs from Nayliä's face, "Do you think coming here was a bad idea?" She asked Jake without taking her eyes off their wife.

Jake didn't know how to answer that.

"I'm not sure, we're safer here physically but mentally...I'm so worried about her. All of this has been so much."

Neytiri hummed in agreement. "She's strong and will be able to get through this. We just have to be there for her. "

Jake still felt unsure of himself. He knew he wasn't completely responsible for everything that has happened to them but he still felt the guilt eating at him. He placed a hand on Nayliä's stomach and rubbed it gently.

Neytiri felt through the bond how her mate was feeling.

"Ma Jake, it's going to be okay. There's no need to feel guilty."

"I know but I can't help but feel all of this is because of me."

"I don't blame you, love."

They both flinched a little at Nayliä's voice, not knowing she was awake. Her eyes were still closed and she hadn't moved an inch.

"What happened today about my parents, that wasn't anyone's fault. None of us could have known about it. Even with the sky people returning and that monster targeting our family, you're still not to blame. You're doing your best to keep your family safe, there's no shame in that."

Jake couldn't express with his words how grateful he was to hear that.

Nayliä grabbed onto his hand that was still on her stomach, "I know, I know."

The man reached down to kiss her forehead and she smiled in response.

Neytiri beamed at both of them and wanting to lift the heavy mood, "Have you two thought about baby names?"

Jake chuckled and shook his head.

"You know I'm terrible with names."

Both of his mates giggled at him.

Nayliä opened her eyes and glanced at both of them before shutting them again. "I love you both so much and I'm thankful that Eywa led us to each other."

Neytiri leaned down towards Nayliä's face and grabbed her chin.

Nayliä already knew what she wanted and the two shared a sweet, loving, kiss. Jake watched them with a warm and content feeling in his heart.

Nayliä woke up feeling slightly better and decided she would deal with her sadness a little bit at a time. She was currently sitting on Jake's lap as he fed her small pieces of fruit. Neytiri was next to them and making a blanket for their unborn child. They were just enjoying each other's company and the good weather outside.

"So then I told Rey'na to push him off the roof and she did it!"

Neytiri was telling her mates of her recent adventures with Rey'na. The two made an odd but hilarious duo.