○twenty|three○

●The sun still had yet to rise but neither Kiri or Lo'ak had gone to sleep. They couldn't, not while knowing their mom was alive and on her way here. A small section sat in the middle of their hut. It had extra blankets and pillows just for their mom and younger brother. When they were done making sure it was comfortable enough, they sat in the entrance of their home...waiting and waiting.

Kiri leaned her head on Lo'ak's shoulder and the boy grabbed her hand in return. The anxiousness and excitement of waiting was killing them. Their ears were high and twitched at every small sound.

After what felt like years, they saw their parents walking with huge smiles on their faces.

Neytiri was leading Nayliä back home while Jake was holding their baby. He was barely looking at his two wives in front of him. His eyes were too busy looking at his son in his arms. The child was currently sleeping but his ears would twitch every now and then while his extremely small tail wiggled. Jake was stuck in a trance as he watched his youngest son sleep peacefully. He was afraid that if he blinked for too long that not only his boy would be gone but also his mate. But as he sometimes glanced up at Nayliä, she had a large grin on her face and that alone reassured him that they wouldn't be going anywhere.

Kiri and Lo'ak stood up quickly and almost stumbled over each other.

Neytiri stepped aside as Nayliä ran to her two children. She didn't care about how sore she was. All she knew was that she needed to hug her children.

She wrapped her arms around them while kissing their heads. Kiri slumped in her arms and sighed in content. Lo'ak fought off tears but eventually couldn't hold back his cries.

Nayliä's presence was so overwhelming for the two teens but they craved her warmth more than anything.

Neytiri leaned her head on Jake's shoulder and smiled at her wife and children.

Nayliä felt herself begin to tear up as the realization that she was home hit her all over again. She hushed both her teens softly.

"It's alright my loves. Mama's back," she kissed Kiri's head again, "and she's not leaving you again anytime soon."

Lo'ak nestled his head into her chest even more and he gripped onto her. Times like this reminded him of when he was younger and would seek the comfort of his mom whenever he needed it.

A soft cry made the teens lean back and away from their mom. Kiri gasped and then a bright look overtook her features. She wanted to see her brother but she wasn't ready to leave her mom just yet.

But Lo'ak's eyes widened and he walked over to his dad instantly. He spared his father a quick glance but his focus was stuck on the little baby crying.

"You wanna hold him?" Jake took note of the way Lo'ak's hands twitched in anticipation.

He nodded and shakily reached for his little brother. Due to having young siblings he knew how to hold the baby the right way. He cradled his younger brother and grinned at him.

"Hey little brother, it's your favorite sibling again. Remember, me?"

The newborn slowly stopped crying and happily gurgled up at Lo'ak.

"His name is Malík but I like calling him Sìlpey (Hope) for a nickname." Neytiri had moved herself to stand behind Lo'ak and look over his shoulder at the baby.

"Should have been Lo'ak Jr but okay I guess."

Kiri burst out laughing and crept closer to them with a teasing smirk.

"That's not how it works, dumbass."

Nayliä giggled, "Leave him alone, you know he's kinda slow...just like his father."