♤Nayliä's Rage♤

A/N

{This is kind of a oneshot that shows what would've happened if Neteyam had died instead}

●Nayliä could feel her pregnancy starting to get to her and she was running on adrenaline alone.

Neteyam noticed this and decided to take action.

"Gimme that!" He snatched the gun from his brother before reloading it and randomly shooting at the avatars.

When he saw an opening he ushered them to make a run for it. Lo'ak and Spider ran to the side of the ship and jumped off safely.

Nayliä couldn't go just yet, she needed to catch her breath.

Neteyam wanted to give her more time but they were running out of options.

"Deep breaths, mama. We'll go together okay?"

She nodded at him and he shot once more but he ran out of bullets, forcing him to throw the gun. He pulled his ma to the edge but he wasn't aware of the bullet fate had named for him.

However, Nayliä saw it but she hesitated. How could she choose between her son and the growing child inside her?

That split second of hesitation was all it took for her world to shatter as she watched the bullet land right in her boy's body.

The third and final choice had sealed both of their fates.

Lo'ak and Spider shared high fives and laughs that they made it out. Neither aware of Nayliä holding back cries while holding her oldest son close.

Tsireya rode her ilu over to them, "Get on!"

A loud groan from Neteyam made them pause and look his way. His face was scrunched up in agony and Nayliä held his body up in the water. Blood began to seep into the once beautiful sea.

Lo'ak made his way over immediately.

"What is it?! What's wrong?"

"He's shot!"

Lo'ak, Spider and Tsireya felt their entire body gain chills.

"Hurry! We need to get him out of the water." Nayliä used the strength she had to help the teens place Neteyam on top of the ilu hovering in the water.

Lo'ak held onto Neteyam's arm tightly and urged the sea creature to hurry them to the nearest piece of dry land.

Neteyam couldn't keep his body up anymore and slumped over but Nayliä was there to catch his head and make sure his face stayed above the currents.

"Shh it's okay baby. Mama's got you, she's got you." She thanked Eywa when they finally reached a large rock.

They laid his body ashore and Nayliä's hearing left her while focusing on her son's face twisted in pain. She didn't want to accept this was happening.

Neytiri's hand being placed on her back grounded her and she could hear her son calling for her.

"Mama...." His voice was so weak and Nayliä's entire body felt she had been dunked in ice cold water.

He wanted her comfort just one more time. Death was something he knew was inevitable. It didn't matter that his family tried convincing him that somehow he could survive this. He knew. He just wished he had the chance to say goodbye probably.

She gripped his hand tenderly yet firmly, "I'm right here." Her eyes looked up to her husband asking a silent question.

Jake shook his head subtly and Nayliä bit her lip to keep the sobs begging to be released locked inside her. This wasn't real. She used her free hand to grip Neytiri's tightly.