○two○

●It was deep into the night when Nayliä heard shuffling on side of her. She blinked away the sleep in her eyes before slowly raising her head. She was met with the sight of her sleeping family but one was missing. Lo'ak. As she went to get up, she realized her mates had trapped her between their bodies. Her head was resting on Jake's chest with his arm wrapped around her waist. Neytiri had her leg thrown over the both of them as she snuggled into Nayliä's side. It was at this moment, the pregnant woman realized it would take a lot of work to untangle them from her. She did her best to remove her mate's limbs while wincing from her still healing thigh. It took her a while but she successfully got away from the pair. Now she just had to find her missing son.

Lo'ak needed time to himself to reflect on the terrifying day he had. He couldn't help but wonder if he had never suggested they go to the shack, would Quaritch even know where they were? Would they still have to leave their home eventually?

He was broken out his thoughts by a quiet groan and the sound of someone sitting next to him. He glanced out the corner of his eyes to see that it was his mom. He knew a scolding was coming and tried to mentally prepare for it.

"Are you okay?"

He wasn't expecting that out of all things so he stayed quiet in shock.

Nayliä sighed before placing her hand on the back of his head and pulled him close to her. She figured he was upset about the move and so she searched her brain for something to comfort him with.

"I know moving away isn't ideal but your father thinks it will be best. We have to trust his judgment as he knows the demons more than we do."

Lo'ak shook his head before leaning into her more. "That's not why I'm out here ma."

"Then what is bothering you my love?"

She watched as his ears fell against his head and his tail wrapped around her gently.

"I'm so sorry for today. I didn't mean for that to happen and now you're hurt." He could feel the tears begging to be released and he snuggled even more into his mom's side. " I just want to be brave like you. I want to be a warrior like you ma." He couldn't help the few tears that traveled down his cheeks.

Nayliä was silent as he ranted, wanting him to get it out of his system. Once she was sure he was done, she grabbed the sides of his face softly and looked into his glossy eyes.

"My son, my sweet sweet boy, you were not to blame for what happened today. You are brave and have strong heart but you must learn to use your head. I understand you are young and will want to go against the rules. But these rules are in place for a reason, to keep us safe. You will make mistakes, it is inevitable but you will only grow by learning from them. I am proud of you for protecting your siblings when we weren't there. I see you, my son. I see you."

Lo'ak scrunched up his face as he cried quietly. She quickly wiped his tears before placing a kiss on his forehead then pulling him to rest against her chest.

For the longest time he had felt like the family disappointment so to hear his mom was proud of him was almost too much. All he wanted was to make her proud and he was glad she didn't blame him.

After a while, Nayliä could feel his breath even out and soon soft snores filled her ears. She looked down at her troublemaker with pride. He may not have her blood flowing through him directly but he was her twin in so many ways. She only hoped he wouldn't make the same mistake that she did.

"Baby? What are you doing out here?"

She looked back to see Jake rubbing his eyes and then coming to sit next to her. Once he saw Lo'ak he made a silent noise of understanding and he wrapped his arms around both of them.