○twenty|one○

●Neither Kiri or Lo'ak were prepared for the moment their mom opened her eyes. She gasped a few times before she started screaming. The two children were hastily trying to figure out why she was in so much pain.

"Mama, what is it?!"

Nayliä couldn't focus on what was hurting her the most. The wound on her stomach burned as the last pieces of skin connected with each other, closing it for good. The pain from that went away but then she noticed the way her stomach contracted.

"The baby!"

They looked at each other in fear. What the hell were they supposed to do now?

"Go get mom and dad! I'll stay with her!"

Kiri looked at him, hesitant to leave but the determination on his face made her call an ilu and she was gone.

Lo'ak supported his mom's body while it was still in the water.

"Just breathe, ma. I'll get you somewhere safe, alright?"

Nayliä clenched her jaw and nodded at him. He then called an ilu and tried his best to get his mother on it securely.

"Hold on to me." Nayliä reached forward and held onto her son tightly. He winced at her grip but commanded his ilu to move. He silently prayed that Kiri had woken up their parents who could help.

Kiri ran back to their hut with little regard for how loud she was being. She didn't even have time to process the fact her mom was alive again. Countless times, she tripped over her own feet but she pressed on. When she saw their home come in view she pushed herself to run even faster.

"Dad! Mom! Wake up!" She crouched down in front of them and shook her dad first.

"Kiri? What's going on?" His voice was raspy and low from just waking up.

Kiri didn't even notice she was crying but he did and sat up immediately.

"I don't know how to explain but we gotta go! Now!" She reached over him and shook her mother awake. Neytiri yawned and tried to wipe the sleep from her eyes.

Jake grabbed her arm in a soft hold, "Can you slow down for me?" She took a deep breath to calm down and nodded.

Neytiri had confusion all over her face, "What exactly has you awake at this time?"

"It's mama! We gotta go right now! Something is wrong."

Jake and Neytiri thought that maybe Kiri was having another one of her nightmares and tried coaxing her back to bed.

The teen girl moved away from them and looked almost offended.

"Lo'ak is there with her! She's in pain. Don't you feel it?"

Both the adults focused and their eyes widened at the faint feel of their late wife. They wasted no time in jumping up and looking at Kiri to lead the way.

"Bring anything medical related, I think it's the baby."

Neytiri was still unsure of if her wife was truly back but she trusted her daughter so she grabbed whatever she thought they would need.

Kiri tapped her foot impatiently and as soon as she noticed they were ready, she ran off without a word. She knew they would follow instantly.

All the while Neteyam had his arms wrapped around his little sisters who were sleeping peacefully.

Lo'ak found a group of small bodies of water that was a good bit away from the village. He hoped Kiri would be able to find them. He knew his mom couldn't go any farther so they were stuck here. He grabbed Nayliä's hand and supported most of her weight while walking slowly to the small lake in front of them. It was well lit so they could see everything around them.

He stepped into it first before turning around and offering Nayliä his hand.

The panting woman sighed in relief from the cool water. It helped soothe her aching muscles and she leaned against her son just a little bit more.

"What can I do?" Lo'ak was desperate for a way to help his mom but he had no clue on how to help. His mind was still trying to register the fact she was alive. He couldn't believe she was here. With him. Alive and breathing. It felt so surreal that multiple times he had to give himself reality checks.

"Just...just stay." Nayliä felt so many emotions that it felt as if she was being drowned by her. Her stomach experienced painful contractions and she couldn't help the wince that left her each time one happened. She whimpered at the fact she couldn't really feel her mates, their connection was dulled down heavily. Whatever she could feel was a strong sense of grief and longing. Tears escaped her eyes as she thought about the fact she was back here. She was happy but mournful over what she had made her family feel in the wake of her death. She hoped they would be able to forgive her but for now she clung to the comfort of her son.

"Maybe you should try floating?"

He rested his hand on her lower back and helped her relax herself enough to float. He placed his other hand under her head so she could feel more comfortable. A small smile graced his face when she didn't seem to be in that much pain anymore.

"I know this isn't the right time but I missed you so much."

She gave him a weak smile, "I know son, but I'm here now."

Kiri followed the tug in her heart that told her where to go. She and her parents moved at a blinding pace where their feet barely touched the ground. Each step felt light physically but mentally it drained them all.

Neytiri's heart was racing at the idea that Nayliä was waiting for them. She wanted to get her hopes up but she knew realistically this wasn't possible. Someone coming back from the home of Eywa was completely unheard of.

Jake on the other hand clung to the hope that wrapped around his heart. He knew the wonders of Pandora had no bounds and believed that maybe..just maybe faith had been kind enough to give him back his wife.

The two mates noticed how Kiri suddenly picked up her pace and they chased after her.

All three set their sights on the two figures, one standing in the water while the other looked to be floating.

Kiri made it to them first and immediately hopped in the water. She splashed over to her mom and brother and helped support her mother's back. Nayliä had her eyes squeezed shut and was biting her lip. Her face held an expression of controlled pain. Her hair floated around her creating a beautiful curtain around her face. The outfit she was laid to rest in, was hugging her figure and her mates couldn't help the gasp that left them at the sight of her. She looked like a goddess reborn.

"Nayliä?" Jake held Neytiri's hand as they both hesitantly walked forward.

The woman in question was silent for a second before her eyes snapped open.●

●