○seven○

●Lo'ak was having the time of his life with his new friend, Payakan. The lone tulkun had saved his life and they became close friends almost instantly.

"And so then there's my mom. She's so brave and strong. You two would get along well."

He was telling his buddy about his family and of course was excited to talk about his mama. He was about to continue but a shout called his attention.

"Lo'ak! Son, please!"

His ears perked up when he realized it was his mom. He quickly waved her over and she came as fast as she could.

He jumped in the water and she brought him on the skimwing she was riding.

Nayliä felt her entire body slump with relief as she cradled the back of her son's head and tightly hugged him close to her body.

"It's okay mom. I'm alright."

She pulled back and held his face in her hands before placing multiple kisses all over it.

"My son! Oh my son. Don't you ever worry me like that again."

She then noticed the tulkun swimming behind them.

"This is my new friend, he saved my life."

The woman got off the skimwing and swam up to the tulkun's eye. She signed with her hands and spoke, "Thank you for saving my son. I owe you my life." She then hugged him to the best of her ability. Payakan let out happy sounds and then dove in the water, returning to wherever he lived. He protected his friend and kept him safe until someone came, his job was done. Lo'ak shouted a loud goodbye with a huge smile on his face. He then helped his mom back onto the marine animal.

"Mom, it's dangerous out here. Why did you come alone?"

"Ha! I can handle myself and I didn't come alone. I came with the best warrior there is."

Lo'ak was confused when he didn't see anyone else.

Nayliä let out a series of loud yips and kept going until she received one back. A couple minutes passed before Rey'na appeared out of the water holding her spear. She surprised both Nayliä and Lo'ak when she pulled the boy into a quick hug. The happy moment was ruined when she knocked the boy on the back of his head. He winced in pain while Nayliä laughed at her sister's antics.

"I am so happy you're alright. You had all of us worried sick."

"I'm sorry, ma'am-" Rey'na flicked his forehead with a hiss.

"I'm your mother's sister. I am no ma'am, call me auntie."

This time Lo'ak laughed as well and his mom looked at him with so much warmth. Her boy was okay.

On their way back to the village, Rey'na split ways with them to tell the remaining search party the boy had been found.

Lo'ak had his arms wrapped around his mother tightly as he laid his head on her back. All the events of today caught up to him and he was exhausted.

Jake and Neytiri were about to lose their minds when they realized their mate had left.

Jake had arrived when Tonowari declared the search over and he felt relieved, that meant his son was okay. But when he came back and saw a frantic Neytiri and no Nayliä, his heart dropped.

Tonowari reached for Nayliä's hand and helped her off the skimwing. She turned for her son and grabbed his hand to lead him to her mates.