○six○

●Nayliä and Jake were currently in a semi-heated argument. After Rey'na arrived with their kids and explained the situation, Jake still believed Lo'ak should apologize.

"I will not allow my son to apologize for doing what we taught him to do!"

Nayliä was frustrated that Jake didn't seem to agree with her views. This wasn't the first time they argued over something Lo'ak had done.

Neteyam placed a hand on his mom's shoulder, hoping to calm her down. This anger and stress wasn't good for his sibling.

She reached and grabbed onto his hand tightly but her breathing was still labored.

"Listen to me, please. I understand he was protecting Kiri but he shouldn't have thrown the first punch over words."

"But Jake," she was interrupted by Lo'ak getting between them.

"Mama, it's okay. I'll just apologize and come back home alright?"

As much as Lo'ak was happy that she stood up for him, he didn't want her to get so worked up over him.

Nayliä glanced at him then looked back at her husband. She sighed in annoyance before closing her eyes and nodding. Jake knew this was her way of approving so he motioned for Lo'ak to leave. Before he left completely, Nayliä gave him a quick kiss on his head.

Neteyam was on his way out too before his father stopped him.

"Hey, what did the other guys look like?"

"Worse."

Jake tried to keep his face and voice nonchalant even though he was extremely proud of them. "That's good."

Neteyam felt a small smirk appear on his face, "Way worse."

"Get out of here." And he was on his way.

Once they were alone, Jake walked up to his pissed off wife. He grabbed her gently by the hips and she faced him with a small frown on her face.

"I know you are angry with me but I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't want to encourage him to be reckless like I was back then. If he got hurt, I would lose my mind." Jake spoke quietly before exhaling shakily.

"I understand, I truly do, I just wish to protect him from everyone and everything."

"You can't protect him from the consequences of his own actions."

Nayliä felt a new sense of motivation flow over her. She might not be able to protect her children from the world but she would damn sure try. Even if it cost her life.

"What is wrong?"

Kiri was helping Neytiri with food but her mood didn't go unnoticed by her mother. Jake looked up from what he was doing and faced Kiri while eavesdropping.

She continued working on folding the leaves, "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Nayliä had just got back home and was about to enter when Jake stopped her and nodded his head towards their troubled daughter. The pregnant woman placed a hand on his head and pretended to play in his hair as she listened in as well.

Although they were focused on Kiri, Jake couldn't stop his tail from wagging from the affection from his mate.

A sudden slam made them both flinch.

"Why am I so different?"

Neytiri tried comforting her but the girl moved away harshly and curled in on herself. The three mates shared a sad look and were at a loss on how to make their child feel better. Nayliä gave Jake a look and he knew he would have to do damage control.