○one○

●The sky was now dark and the clouds allowed for rain to touch the ground. Four ikrans landed almost silently in the trees. One rider was quick to jump off and head into the shadows of the forest. Her mates could only look at her disappearing silhouette before sharing a look of exasperation.

Nayliä couldn't hear anything over the sound of her racing heartbeat. Her only focus was getting her children back home.

The moonlight reflected off her teal skin and highlighted her finned arms and legs. In the forest she should have stuck out but she was adapted now and knew how to be agile in the trees. She crept quietly with her bow strapped to her back.

Once she got eyes on the group, she let out a quiet hiss at the guns aimed at her kids. With practiced skill, she drew her bow and aimed at the man holding Kiri hostage. She couldn't get a clear shot and so she tried aiming at the other demons holding her kids. A thousand scenarios played in her mind every second but they all ended with Kiri dying. The woman shook her head and decided to wait for the perfect moment to ensure her oldest daughter's safety. Her hands shook as she waited with baited breath. That's when a call rang through the air surrounding them.

Nayliä could barely contain the grin that stretched across her face, she knew exactly who that was. Her wife was here and by the sounds of it, very close. She couldn't help but search the area desperately until her eyes locked onto her mate's body.

Neytiri was high above the group as well with her bow drawn. Both women nodded at each other before focusing once again. They wouldn't have to wait long before they finally got the chance they were hoping for. An arrow pierced the man holding Kiri and another shot into the one holding Tuk and Liia.

"Lo'ak!" The said male flung into action and grabbed the pin of a smoke bomb hanging off an avatar's waist. Nayliä felt her heart drop when she lost sight of the kids throughout the chaos. Her eyes frantically searched for the little heads of her children. Nothing could compare to the relief she felt when she noticed they were able to get away. Now she could focus on killing the rest of these demons without the fear of hurting her family.

"Is that you Mrs. Sully? I recognize your calling card." A violet tremor ran through Nayliä at the sound of Quaritch speaking to her mate.

"Why don't you come out Mrs. Sully? We have some unfinished business, you and me."

"Demon! I will kill you as many times as I have to."

Quaritch chuckled before whispering under his breath, "It wasn't you who killed me though, was it?"

"You and the corporal have been pretty busy, haven't you? Got yourself a whole litter of half-breeds. Although the little ones look different than you. Don't tell me she's their mother."

Neytiri's head snapped up to look at her wife's face before shaking her head no. She hoped Nayliä wouldn't do anything reckless because of her anger.

Because of her focus on her mate, she didn't notice the avatar ready to take her life with a single bullet.

At the same time that Neteyam shot the soldier, Nayliä jumped down and tackled Quaritch to the ground. Bullets flew from both sides as Jake got the attention of the other soldiers by shooting back at the group of avatars. Nayliä rolled around on the ground with a struggling Quaritch, she quickly kicked his gun away and dug her knife into his side. She didn't care about the punches and kicks he sent her way. She took her knife out of him before digging it into his arm, rendering it useless. The larger male groaned in pain and for a split second he felt as if he was his human self. The enraged woman removed her blade once again but this time held it up to his neck with the most intimidating snarl leaving her lips. Her mouth was open as she bared her large fangs and her long, curly hair created a curtain around the two. At this moment Quartich froze with pained breaths, he could only see her eyes that were filled with hate and her fangs inching closer with venomous saliva dripping off them. He would never admit it but he was afraid. Nayliä looked beautiful as always but now she looked like a bringer of death.