○twenty○

●Neytiri was making lunch for her family while they were all out of the home.

A knock got her attention and she saw it was Rey'na standing there.

"Got a minute?"

Neytiri sighed then nodded. Rey'na smiled softly at her and went to help her finish cooking.

"I'm sorry for being angry with you."

Neytiri shrugged, "I don't blame you for being upset. I've lost my older sister too so I know how badly it hurt you."

"But still I was being selfish and didn't consider how you were feeling."

"No, you didn't." Neytiri wasn't trying to be mean but she was extremely drained from being with Nayliä and having to come back here, without her.

Rey'na lowered her head in response. Neytiri sighed then side hugged her. She wasn't ready for this conversation so soon but she knew her wife wouldn't agree with her shutting down.

Rey'na felt relieved that their bond wasn't completely broken.

That night Lo'ak had a haunting nightmare. He was back on that rock, watching Nayliä bleed out. Everything seemed frozen and Nayliä gazed at him while crying blood.

"You did this."

Lo'ak frantically shook his head, "I didn't-"

"You killed me!"

Suddenly her voice was everywhere and Lo'ak covered his ears trying to block out the sound of it.

"You murdered me!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

The scene changed and Lo'ak saw Nayliä holding a bloodied baby.

"Look at what you've done! Your sibling is dead because of you!"

Lo'ak curled into a fetal position, holding his head while gasping for air.

"It's all your fault!"

The boy whimpered and rocked himself hoping this would end soon. He flinched when gentle hands rubbed his back.

He peeked and saw Nayliä smiling at him with blood dripping out the corner of her mouth. Her face was soft and she reached for him.

"Come here, love."

Despite all the blood and wounds, she seemed more like his actual mother so he quickly wrapped his arms around her.

He clung to her and she seemingly did her best to soothe him.

But he realized it was just a false sense of security when she whispered in his ear, "You should have died instead."

Lo'ak woke up gasping for air and a new sense of fear was instilled in him.

He removed Liia's body from his own and stood up in a rush. He had to see her.

Kiri was already awake while her younger brother was being tormented in his nightmare.

"Where are you going?"

Lo'ak paused and looked back at her, "Gotta see ma."

Kiri stood up and stretched her limbs, "I'm coming with you."