○twenty|five○

●Today Ronal didn't want to do anything but sleep. She laid on her side and was curled up under a few blankets. She wasn't cold but it provided a sense of comfort so she allowed them to stay.

Tonowari had to leave early for a meeting so unfortunately she couldn't turn to him to help her through the day.

The pain of losing her sister was at its worst. But she couldn't bring herself to mourn completely. Something was nagging at her spirit that something major had happened last night but she wasn't sure what it was and she definitely didn't have the energy to figure it out.

She sighed when Tsireya laid in front of her, mirroring her position. The young girl looked up at her mom with her large doe eyes silently asking a question.

'Are you okay?'

Ronal slightly smiled and nodded at her.

'I will be.'

Her family always seemed to be able to understand each other without physically speaking. It was a gift that presented itself because of their close bond.

Tsireya smiled brightly at her and glanced towards the door.

Ronal shook her head, "We can both skip out on our duties today."

For now, Ronal wanted nothing more than to stare at her beautiful daughter who provided her an unwavering sense of purpose.

She absolutely adored her daughter who looked so much like her. Unlike what most people thought, Tsireya was a lot like Ronal growing up. Quiet, obedient, yearning to be a good leader. She had always hoped Tsireya would grow out of her shell and become exactly who she was meant to be.

Perhaps she had the Sullys to thank for that. Ever since they arrived she saw another side of her daughter. Someone who was brave, courageous, adventurous and undoubtedly kind. A leader that would be loved by her people.

Tsireya remained silent and gazed at her mother with unconditional love and respect. She knew many believed her mother to be strict and harsh but they never saw this side of her. Ronal always looked at her like she was the only thing that mattered, even when she was being scolded. As a young child she would follow her around and watch as she did her duties. Between them, Ronal would collect seashells and make her beautiful crowns and jewels. Sometimes they would play tag and whenever she was caught, Ronal would tickle her mercilessly. At night whenever she or Ao'nung couldn't sleep, they would cuddle up next to her and she would soothingly play in their hair while humming a melody that would calm their young minds instantly.

Although she missed those times she was also grateful for moments like these where she could admire her without the loud environment. She honestly believed her mother was the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen. In her mind, her mother's soul was even more ethereal and no one could comfort her more than Ronal.

She reached out and gently moved a few strands of hair from Ronal's face and started humming the same melody that was embedded into her memory.

When Ronal had heard Tsireya's voice she had to blink away tears that filled her eyes. It wasn't just because she was nostalgic. It was because she had originally heard Nayliä sing that song first. She had never learned nor remembered the lyrics but she recalled the way it had sounded. When Nayliä had first moved away she used it to bring herself into a state of peace. So, hearing her daughter repeat it back to her made her eyes water.

Eventually, tears slowly ran down her cheeks and she gazed at her daughter with a look of wonder and adoration.

When she blinked she pictured Nayliä herself being there with an endearing smile on her face.