○nineteen○

A/N

{Some of you seemed to be confused about the alternative ending. Well basically in that ending, Nayliä is dead frfr and Neteyam would have died with her lmfao I mean if that's what yall want then I can deliver. }

●That day had to be the hardest one the Sully family had to get through. Everyone but Lo'ak and Jake were in their home. Could they even call it that? Without Nayliä it felt so empty.

Kiri stared at her hands, feeling completely numb. Neteyam sat down quietly next to her. Their parents were almost a shell of themselves and so he stepped up to take care of his siblings.

"I can't feel her anymore."

Neteyam moved closer, "What do you mean?"

"I had always been able to feel her, hear her but now it's all silent. There's nothing. Everytime I try, I can't reach her."

Her voice broke and she put her face in her hands as she started to cry.

Neteyam wrapped his arms around her and silent tears fell from his eyes as well.

He knew nothing he said would take away their pain so all he could do was hold her and hope it helped.

Kiri calmed down for a bit and sniffled, "I know you're trying to be there for everyone but you're allowed to grieve too. We'll be there for each other."

Neteyam scrunched his nose up as the tears fell at a more rapid pace.

Lo'ak was sitting on a walkway with his feet hanging in the water. He didn't bother trying to hold back so he sobbed and sobbed. He was crying so much that his head hurt but he just couldn't stop. How could he when she wasn't there consoling him?

A hand on his back made him flinch in surprise and a small part of him hoped it was his mom but he relaxed when he saw it was only Rey'na.

The usually scary woman had puffy eyes and her face showed how devastated she felt.

"Your mom wouldn't want you to be alone right now." Even her voice was hoarse but Lo'ak needed her there.

"No one will say it to my face but...it's all my fault."

Rey'na frowned even more and hugged him while shushing him comfortingly.

"I may not know what took her from us but I do know whatever happened wasn't your fault."

Lo'ak leaned into her, "Do you think she blames me?"

"Of course not! She loved you all so much and would do anything to guarantee your safety without any regrets."

The past tense of "love" made Lo'ak cry a little harder. He never thought he would have to use past tense when referring to his mom this way.

Neytiri was exhausted, she was trying to put Liia and Tuk to sleep but without her usual energy, it was taking forever.

"I'll take them."

She turned and saw Ronal walking into their hut.

Ronal was better at hiding her emotions but don't be mistaken, she spent a good while crying and working up the nerve to come here.

When she had heard Rey'na's cries she ran out her marui, only to see the same thing that broke her sister. Nayliä was dead. She only stared with wide eyes and she shut down her emotions while leading Jake to where he could place his wife until a funeral was arranged. As much as she wanted to curse the man to the worse of deaths she couldn't bring herself to do so. She couldn't imagine how he felt and so she kept it short. Once she was in the comfort of her own home she broke and spent a long time crying into her mate's chest in such agony over the death of her sister.