○twenty|eight○

A/N

{Mostly fluff bc I'm depressed and this is my therapy}

●The close family were now eating a variety of sliced up fish as a snack.

Nayliä was breastfeeding a sleepy Malík and listening to her family enjoy themselves.

Liia was quiet while glancing at her mother with a look of curiosity.

She couldn't help the question that escaped her.

"Mama? How," she paused and ate another bite of her food, "how exactly are you back?"

Everyone slowly quieted down and turned to look at Nayliä with their expressions mirroring Liia's.

Nayliä didn't miss a beat and continued eating. Her silence made Liia regret asking so she started to backtrack and apologize.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked that.." Kiri patted her back in sympathy.

Nayliä just sighed and nodded in acceptance of the apology.

But even Jake and Neytiri silently wanted answers but wouldn't push their mentally exhausted mate.

She wasn't sure if she should tell the full story to her younger kids but she realized they had already experienced so much that they wouldn't be as phased. Maybe she could just tell them a sweet and short version of it.

"I want Spider to be here when I explain."

According to her husband he wouldn't be here until later tonight.

It didn't feel right to leave her son out and she hoped they would understand.

Neytiri reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze. "That's okay then. We'll wait until he gets here."

She might not have liked the kid when he was younger but after all they had been through she could see why her mates adored him. Eventually, she knew she would be able to see him as her own as well.

Everyone else voiced their approval and continued talking so that Nayliä wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

Nayliä smiled at this while helping her newborn doze off by gently patting his back.

Malík was usually a good baby, meaning he didn't cry often unless he was extremely hungry.

Everyone adored him and always wanted to help out whenever they could.

It was clear that he was bonded the most to Lo'ak and the brothers were rarely separated.

Lo'ak always spent extra time with him and was the first to wake up when he cried. The teen wanted to make up for not being the best older brother to his younger siblings.

Nayliä was done eating and now all she could think about was what she had been through. From learning she had died and accidentally killed her parents to now.

She wanted to vent to her mates then she would speak to her children.

If she could then she would've suggested they take a short walk while she spoke her mind but she remembered she was supposed to stay out of sight.

"Kiri can you take your sisters to check on Tsireya? Lo'ak and Neteyam go see if Rey'na needs help, which I'm sure she does."

None of the kids moved because of their feelings of not wanting to be separated from their mother or brother so soon.

Nayliä was still putting her newborn down for a nap and so she didn't see Neytiri ushering their older children outside.

Kiri got up first which led to Neteyam following her lead. The younger trio was a little bit more hesitant but followed.