○twenty|two○

●Almost as soon as Naylia opened her eyes, Neytiri launched herself into the water.

Neytiri hurriedly walked to her and tangled their bodies together. She gripped onto her wife with wide eyes and like she would never get the chance to do it again. She then pulled back and cuffed Nayliä's face before colliding their lips together. Of course, Nayliä melted into it as always and she wrapped her arms around Neytiri's waist. They were forced to break up as Jake gently pulled Nayliä by her hips to face him.

She couldn't get a word out before Jake had his lips on hers. The grip on her hips tightened and she almost forgot about the fact she was literally in labor.

All three shuddered as they collectively felt their bond start to mend itself, slowly but stronger than it has ever been.

Kiri and Lo'ak shared happy glances at their parents' reunion. They both were giddy and couldn't wait for their siblings to see their mom.

The two mates pulled back from their kiss and Jake placed a hand against Nayliä's cheek. The last time he did this, she had died in his arms. Now she was somehow back with him.

She wanted to embrace the moment even more but the contractions were getting closer together and she couldn't ignore them anymore. She leaned back into Neytiri's chest who happily supported her. Although they wanted to enjoy their time relearning each other, they quickly picked up what was happening and changed positions. As usual, they were all on the same wavelength and knew what the other was thinking without speaking out loud. They understood the time for reunions and questions would have to come after their son was safely born.

Nayliä was laid back against Jake's chest while Neytiri was in front of her. She reached down in the water that was a little bit above their waists and was relieved that Nayliä was wearing a dress so access would be a lot easier.

"Okay, love, you know how this goes. Whenever you feel the urge to push, do it and I'll help guide our son out, alright?"

Nayliä tensed up but nodded her head. For some reason, this time around, labor hurt so much more. She was more comfortable with giving birth in the water because her instincts came to life a lot more. She genuinely hoped that this incredibly uncomfortable experience would be over quickly.

Jake could almost feel how much she was hurting so he lovingly rubbed her side in random patterns.

"You got this, mama. We're right here with you."

Nayliä felt more at ease with that and smiled briefly at him.

"You two go home and set up a spot for your mom and brother."

At Neytiri's words, Kiri and Lo'ak reluctantly left the scene after wishing their mom a safe delivery.

Now that her kids were gone, she didn't feel the need to hide her pain anymore. Her body ached beyond belief and she wasn't ready for the agony that would come with pushing.

"Is it okay if we move you a little bit farther up so I can see better?" Neytiri wasn't experienced in being that deep in the water but she wanted to make sure that Nayliä was as comfortable as possible.

Nayliä just nodded at her and then Jake picked up and brought her closer to shore.

Now she was sitting between his legs but most of their body was still submerged so that she could still feel the benefits of the water.

"Breathe in and out like this." Nayliä did her best to mimic the way her wife was breathing but she was becoming overwhelmed quickly.

Neytiri was between her legs and held her hands ready for whenever Nayliä was ready.