○fourteen○

●The ride back was long and agonizing but Nayliä had stopped crying. She couldn't let herself grief over the devastating loss, there was too much on the line here. The rage that flowed through her veins made her feel unrecognizable to herself and those around her. Once they arrived, Tonowari gathered up the clan. Ronal stood next to him with her head high but the anger she felt was clear as day.

"My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!"

There were loud outcries and a few hisses.

"This war has come to us! We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people, way over the horizon, far away! Now it is here!" As he raised his spear in the air and slammed it on the ground, the clan's thirst for war increased.

Nayliä felt herself stuck in an internal debate. She wanted revenge but she also knew the risk that would come with it. So many lives would be lost, so many would never return back home.

"You gotta understand how the sky people think! They don't care about the great balance!"

Multiple Na'vi hissed in his direction but Nayliä snarled back at them. She may disagree with her husband at the moment but she would die before letting anyone step to him.

Liia and Tuk clung to Neytiri while Kiri and Lo'ak stood next to Nayliä. Neteyam was by his father's side and tried calming those around him.

"Listen, listen to him!"

Rey'na gently grabbed his arm and led him away from the hostile people. This was no longer a place for children.

Jake inched his way closer to Tonowari and Ronal, "The sky people are not gonna stop! This is only the beginning, you gotta tell your tulkuns to leave!" He turned to the rest of the people, "You gotta tell all of them to leave!"

Ronal snapped at him instantly.

"Leave? You live among us, mate with one of our own and yet you learn nothing!"

Nayliä stared her down and got between them. Right now her instincts were on overdrive and she would protect what was hers.

Aiyakan and Rey'na looked at each other with hesitation written all over their faces. They knew the death of Ro'a and her calf was unforgivable but they trusted Jake and his judgment.

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!" The people got riled up again but Jake needed them to understand what would happen if they fought.

"No! If you attack, then they will destroy you!" His voice cracked as he placed a loving hand around Nayliä, "They will destroy everything you love!"

Ronal looked down in thought and put a hand on her stomach.

Unfortunately, the clan was too hyped up and fed off each other's energy.

Nayliä looked around with a heavy frown, she still didn't know what would be the best thing to do.

Jake grabbed the red tracker and held it above them all. Everyone quieted down at the sight of it.

"You tell the tulkun that if they're hit with one of these, they're marked for death. "

Nayliä felt an odd feeling rise in her at the sight of it. Something about it made her heart race.

"Call for me. I'll silence it. Saving their lives, that's all that matters, right? Saving your family."

Tonowari looked over at Ronal who closed her eyes and nodded. Tonowari looked to his people,

"Tell the tulkun."