○three○

●The entire omatikaya clan watched with heavy hearts as the Sully family walked to their Ikrans. Neytiri couldn't fight the tears that came to her eyes as she thought about the fact she was leaving so much behind. Nayliä placed a steady hand on her back and held Tuk's hand with the other. The family held different expressions of loss as they reached the end of the short walk.

Tuk looked up at her parents then focused on her mom. "Mama, can I ride with you?" Nayliä gave her a small smile and went to pick her up before Neytiri stopped her. Nayliä hopped on her Ikran who was a beautiful blend of blue and black. His name was Khazì and he was bigger than most of his kind.

Once she was sure she was steady, she reached for Tuk and Neytiri helped lift her up and get her stable.

In the air, the family turned to look at their home, which was becoming farther and farther away. Jake led the pack with his wives slightly behind him and at his side. Liia was tucked under Neytiri's chin while Tuk was hugging Nayliä. Kiri and Lo'ak flew behind the two women with Neteyam behind them all. He took his job of protecting his family seriously and decided he would watch out for them in the back.

The storm was brutal and unforgiving. Nayliä tightly held Tuk as she tried to shield her from the pouring rain. She had started to feel sick and assumed her pregnancy was taking a toll on her.

Jake and Neytiri took turns flying next to her in case she faltered but Khazì was determined to get his rider to their destination safely.

Neteyam forced his way next to her and tried yelling over the storm. "Do you need me to get Tuk?"

"No! I'll be fine!" Nayliä could barely hear her own voice over the high winds. Neteyam watched her warily before circling back to his position.

Nayliä could feel her breathing pick up when a strong wave almost reached them. She quickly pulled Khazì up and held Tuk even tighter. She tried calming her heart rate and focused on keeping herself steady. She knew she could do this, she just had to be careful.

It was Neytiri's turn to fly alongside her as Jake was now holding Liia. She watched her mate carefully and when she saw a brief expression of pain on her beautiful face, Neytiri immediately acted.

"Give me Tuk! You are hurting!"

Nayliä wanted to deny it but it was true. Her thigh was still healing and was aching terribly. She felt hot all over and her skin was sticky with sweat and rain. Her breathing was uneven and the only thing keeping her together was Tuk's small body clinging onto hers. Tuk was her baby and what kind of mother would she be if she couldn't brace the storm for her little one. She pulled herself together once more and willed her body to push on.

"I'm okay! I got her!"

"Ma Liä, do not stress yourself!"

Nayliä wasn't stupid, she knew her mates could feel her distress through their bond and she could feel their worry for her. She had to be strong for them.

When she didn't respond, Neytiri just flew as close as possible to her and hoped the sky would turn blue again.

They could finally see the lands of the metkayina people.

Nayliä was anxious to face her people but she knew there was no one who needed her there. Her mother and father passed away before she had left which is one of reasons it was easy to turn her back on her old home.