It all come down to this

The ultimate choice for a man, in as much as he is driven to transcend himself, is to create or to destroy, to love or to hate - Erich Fromm

The sky is tar-black. The floodgates in the sky have been opened, and it seems like there is no one to close them back up. Puddles began plinking as the rain became heavier. The roof of his car danced with spray, and he could hear the murmuring of rain through the window. It sounded like a buzzing of angry bees. He wonders if he stands outside and lets the rain pour over him, will it wash his sorrow, will it ease his pain? The sadness that surround him was like a fog, obscuring everything around him. His heart was beating so loudly, a relentless rhythm of despair. Each beat left an engraved reminder of the scare that is embedded within himself.

He needs to hold on to something, anything, so he won't lose himself.

He looks at the circular metal band on his finger; it never felt heavier than it is now. They say that ring is a circle because it represents infinite love since circle never ends, and the hole in the center symbolizes a doorway.

His father told him on his wedding day that when he put the ring on, he will enter a new life. Did he really? Or did he just open another Pandora's box?

Who knew that love can be so cruel. He's been waiting for someone who'd never come home. Maybe it's because he can't accept that it's lost.

Maybe it's time to let go. He can at least say he tried.

Porsche takes off his wedding ring. He holds the ring between his finger and stares at it. He tried to hold on to it, but for what. His eyes were filled to the brim with tears. He swiped at his eyes, but the tears came anyway like tiny rivers of sorrow. His throat was tight like he had swallowed a lump of coal.

He puts his ring in his pocket, and with a trembling hand, he starts the engine and drives back home. Not sure if he can call it home anymore. His phone has been ringing none stop. He doesn't have any energy left to deal with anything at this moment. The throbbing pain that is on one side of his head is not helping at all. He can feel the nausea and dizziness start kicking in. He needs to get home soon and hide in the blanket away from the light. He reached the center sole to get his migraine medicine, but luck was not on his side. Well, when did it ever? 

The pill bottle is empty; the night can't get any better.

By some miracle he manages to get home. He park his car by the driveway and made his way inside. 

The man he wants to avoid and never see again approaches him with a worried and guilt-ridden look. He ignores him and continue walking toward his room.

"Po...porsche," Kinn called him softly, following him behind.

Hearing Kinn's voice makes his migraine even worse. He didn't reply and kept walking.

"Porsche, hear me out for a second"

Porsche keeps walking. He open his bedroom door, and Kinn followed him behind.

"Porsche," Kinn calls him again.

Porsche walks toward the nightstand drawer and pulls out an envelope.

" Here....take this and get out of my sight," Porsche hand him the clasped Kraft envelope.

Kinn looks puzzled as he reaches for the envelope.

"What is this?" Kinn asked as he pulled the document from the envelope.

His eye widened as realization hit him. He stood motionless and couldn't look away from the paper.

Divorce paper.

"Since you have what you want, can you get lost," Porsche's voice snapped him back to reality.

 ****