Querencia

"Find what you love and let it kill you." ― Charles Bukowski.

~

Everything has been going swimmingly for them. For the past four days, they have been talking about parenthood and all sorts of silly stuff. And Porsche loved how they could just let loose like that. Their lazy afternoons were more spent with Porsche's newfound obsession: watching comedy movies while munching on a bowl of popcorn. Still, he can't help but feel restless and anxious, knowing that they will head back home tomorrow. The feeling primarily stems from the glaring omission of the Theerapanyakun name, not even mentioned once between them. Still, he thoroughly enjoyed their time together.

Porsche was making his way downstairs when he heard the blaring sound of the TV coming from the living room, and he saw Kinn standing there, frozen in front of the screen. The TV was tuned to a news channel reporting the deaths of Korn and Kim.

'Good evening. We begin tonight with breaking news that shocked the entire nation. In a shocking turn of events, Korn Theerapanyakun, the esteemed chairman of Empire, and his youngest son, Kim Theerapanyakun, have tragically lost their lives in a devastating incident. This profound loss has sent shockwaves reverberating around the globe, plunging many into deep mourning. We also have received an updates on Rose Theerapanyakun, the wife of Chairman Korn Theerapanyakun; currently hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit, her condition remains undisclosed, and the family has urgently requested privacy during this immensely challenging period. The impact of this tragic incident is immeasurable, with an outpouring of grief from the global community, colleagues, and associates who held Chairman Korn Theerapanyakun in high regard for his contributions to the business industry and the nation's economy. As the investigation into the circumstances surrounding this devastating event unfolds, our collective thoughts and condolences go out to the bereaved family, friends, and associates. The void left by their sudden departure will undoubtedly be felt for years to come.Our thoughts and condolences go out to the family, friends, and associates affected by this tragic event'

Coming to a sudden stop, Porsche's eyes scrutinized Kinn's face, whose eyes remained glued to the TV screen. Porsche's eyes caught the sight of Kinn's trembling hands as he fumbled to grab the remote and switch off the TV. For what felt like an endless half-minute, Kinn stood still, his eyes never leaving the black screen. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, and when he reopened them, a deep sigh escaped his lips. Then, he turned around and walked outside. Porsche turned back and retreated to their bedroom, giving Kinn the much-needed space.

He waited anxiously for Kinn, but as time dragged on and the hours passed, he thought maybe Kinn wanted to be left alone tonight. Feeling weary, Porsche finally gave in and went to bed. Before long, he succumbed to sleep, the softness of the pillows cradling his weary body.

As the clock struck past midnight, he suddenly felt the warmth of a body pressed against his back, instantly rousing him from his slumber. Kinn arm wrapped tightly around his waist, pulling him even closer to his chest. As he tried to turn around, Kinn buried his face against his back, keeping him in place.

"You and our babies are all that matters to me. You are everything I'll ever need," Kinn whispered, kissed his neck.

This time, Kinn didn't stop him as he turned around slowly. In the soft glow of the dimmed room, when he looked at him, Kinn's eyes said it all - he was hurting.

"You're late," Porsche whispered, gently planting a kiss on his lips.

"Porsche, I'm really sorry I couldn't be there to protect you," Kinn said, pressing his forehead against his.

"Kinn," Porsche lifted his head and saw the guilt etched on his face. "Don't ever...."

Kinn cuts him off, crashing his lips against his in a fiery and passionate kiss.