Kalopsia

"Pardon My Sanity In A World Insane" ― Emily Dickinson

Though culinary prowess wasn't Edward forte, everything changed when Porsche came into his life. Whenever Porsche smiled and enjoyed his cooking, it warmed his heart. That smile and his instinctual urge to care for him always unfailingly lured him to the kitchen.Tonight, he had prepared Porsche's favorites: pizza and chicken. Instead of their customary drinks, he concocted a special mocktail considering his grandson's impending parenthood—no alcohol and less sugar.

The distance between them weighed heavily on his mind as he awaited Porsche's arrival. No matter what had transpired between them, Porsche is always  his cherished grandson. He want to mend their fractured bond and rediscover the closeness they once shared. And at this stage of his pregnancy, he doesn't want to cause any stress or strain their relationship. He missed the way things used to be between them, when everything was good and easy.

Popping two pills into his hand, he swallowed them with a gulp of water. He glanced at his reflection in the mirror before heading out of his bedroom. In the nick of time, his grandson arrives wearing a black pant and a yellow oversized fuzzy sweater. His grandson's face was radiant, and he looked even more adorable with his slightly chubby cheeks.

"You look great," Edward complimented.

"Hello grandpa," Porsche greeted. "It's been while," glancing around the familiar house, he was reminded of all the cherished memories that were made within its walls.

"Go wash up, food is ready," Edward said after an awkward moment of silence, masking his emotions as best as he could.

Porsche slipped off his coat, draping it over the arm of the plush couch before making his way toward the bathroom. But as he stepped through the familiar opulent hallway of the home he grew up, his gaze was drawn to a large framed picture hanging proudly on the wall—a snapshot frozen in time, capturing him as a young boy, his grin wide and infectious. His steps faltered, and he found himself rooted to the spot, his eyes locked on the image of his younger self. Memories flooded back, a rush of nostalgia washing over him like a gentle tide. He remembered the carefree days of his childhood, spent running through fields and laughing under the summer sun. Well, those days was a very hard earned one, it took a lot of scarifies and work for him to feel alive. Even amidst the emptiness he felt, his grandfather, father, and mother remained the steadfast light in his life, always managing to draw a smile from him. Even if it meant concealing the shadows that loomed over him. For a moment, Porsche lingered there, lost in reflection, before tearing himself away from the photograph and make his way to his destination.

When Porsche returned, the enticing scent of a mouthwatering pizza filled the room, causing his stomach to rumble. As he entered the living room, he was greeted by a warm, soft glow that bathed the entire space. The TV screen reflected a gleaming light, while a crackling fire blazed in the grand fireplace, casting a mesmerizing dance of flickering flames. Two white, fluffy blankets were spread across the couch. His gaze shifted towards the floor-to-ceiling glass windows, where he could see the rain-soaked landscape outside. Sheets of water cascaded down, painting intricate patterns against the glass, while distant thunder rumbled like a low, comforting growl.

For the next hour and a half, they quietly watched a movie as they enjoy their meal. His grandfather's brick oven pizza was his all-time favorite, with a close second being a quaint  pizzeria he and Francis used to visited in Italy.

The silence between them spoke volumes. It was a far cry from their usual lively movie nights. "Do you remember the time I missed our movie night?" Edward finally broke the silence. "It was the week you comeback for spring break from college. You were so upset with me. You told me you will not talk to me for a week," He smiled as he recalled. He was in Paris, getting ready for his spring/summer fashion collection show. He was supposed to come back home a day earlier, but work got in the way and he had to stay an extra day.