Everything fell apart

"When truth is buried, it grows. It chokes. It gathers such an explosive force that on the day it bursts out, it blows up everything with it." - Emile Zola.

~

"Who is he?" Kinn asked, immediately upon entering the room. Porsche's eyes widen in disbelief as he looks at him. Kinn's audacity sometimes left him in awe.

"Why are you here?" Porsche asked instead. He has no interest in satisfying Kinn's curiosity. In the end, it was not his business.

"I asked you who was that man and why are you wearing his jacket?" With each passing moment, Kinn's patience wore thinner. The Tawan situation was not even in his thoughts. He couldn't think of anything but the guy holding Porsche's hand.

"You are cute.....It's a compliment, really," Porsche said as he lay in bed. Porsche's good mood quickly dissipated when he saw Kinn. He enjoyed Mile's company and had a great time. He managed to cheer himself up and forget about his troubles.

"Don't test me," he warned.

"He is whomever you can imagine. Now get out of my room and let me rest. You may delude yourself into thinking you have a blissful marriage if you continue to act out this scene," Porsche said with a chuckle.

"PORSCHE!"

"Yeah," Porsche said as he continued scrolling on his phone, not caring about what Kinn is saying.

"How you feeling today? Did you eat?" Kinn asked, surprising Porsche with his question.

"I thought we say CUT. Haven't we wrapped up filming your dramatic scene?" Porsche tilted his head up to look at him, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

Ignoring him, Kinn sat on the edge of the bed and gazed intensely into his eyes. He couldn't help but question why Porsche wasn't bringing up Tawan. Knowing the truth scared him.

"I know I'm sexy. No need to look at me like that. My dating app is a proof of that," Porsche's attention was on his phone as he replied to a text message from Mile.

"Your what?" Kinn yelled, getting up abruptly from the bed. "Sorry," Kinn apologized straight away, recognizing his mistake in raising his voice and noticing Porsche's unwavering gaze. Kinn's eyes dropped to the floor as he struggled to find the right words to say.

"You have something to say?" Porsche asked.

"Ah...No..No, I will just sleep on the couch. Get some rest,"

"Stop!" Porsche say, putting his phone down. "I'm tired, Kinn. I don't want to tell you to get out every single time. So I'm asking nicely to go home and don't comeback again. Once the doctor discharges me, I will head back ho...home. So go," Porsche asked, his tiredness evident in his weary voice. After Tawan today, he really doesn't want to see Kinn. He has no doubts that Tawan will tell Kinn what happened today and Porsche doesn't want to talk about it today. All he wants now is to sleep and forget about everything else.

"I will go. Good night!" Kinn spent close to an hour sitting outside before finally returning home.

***

Porsche left the hospital two days later. He was already feeling down, and his mother-in-law's visit only made things worse. He knew she came to mock him because of the condescending tone of her voice. She told him to get better soon, fearing the strange rumor that might surface, blaming Theerapanyakun for not being able to take care of their son-in-law. Frustrated with this family, Porsche decided to take a break and escape for a while. He went to a vacation home that was given to him by his grandfather; he got it for his 26th birthday. This was a place he had always wanted to come to with Kinn, but they never had the chance. For the last three days, he has been here, taking some rest and also doing a bit of work.