Nightmare

Heads up: the italics font is a memory flash. Happy reading!

————————————————————————————-

"Give the sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it break."— William Shakespeare, "Macbeth"

~

The inevitability of loss is an inescapable truth for all of humanity. Losing a loved one will make you feel empty inside and as if the world will never be the same again, leaving you with a pain that seems unhealable. That feeling of utter despondency is entirely novel to you. You feel dizzy and bewildered, as if you are dreaming or falling. You were told this was going to happen, but you could never be prepared for it. You are speechless, don't have any words to express it. You are incredulous that it occurred after everything that took place. Part of you wants to cry your heart out and the other part wants to hit something with the anger that raging inside you.

Death will always take you by surprise. You had no idea it was coming, and will leave you in shock and denial for longer than usual, as the loss seems incomprehensible. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to grieving the loss of a loved one because everyone handles grief differently. The changes that came from this tragic accident were never something we prepared for. The tragedy never fades. You just learn how to cope with it and keep moving on. Memories will be the only things left behind after they are gone forever.

Kinn empathizes with Porsche's emotions and can connect with them. He knows precisely the emotion that accompanies it. The sight of Porsche, sitting there quietly and lost, pained him deeply. Their bedroom has been Porsche's confinement since the funeral. He mostly sleeps during the day, and Kinn has to beg and coerce him to eat a little bit.

"How is he?" Porsche's grandfather asked as he saw him coming down the stairs.

Seeing Porsche's lack of appetite, Kinn decided to whip up a quick juice for him.

"Not much," kinn replied, sounding worried. "But he is eating a little, which is good,"

"He was deeply affected by his mother's death. It was a difficult time. His father was the one who brought him back from the dark places he was in," Edward said, taking a sit by the island table in the kitchen. He remembered how Porsche's mood shifted drastically after his mother's death, from being lively and cheerful to being withdrawn and melancholic. It wasn't easy for Edward either. Losing his child was a pain that he carried with him every day, especially since she was his only one. Nothing could completely erase the pain, but having Porsche around made it easier to manage. Perhaps that explains why he desires for Porsche to have kids. For him, Porsche is the most precious person in the world, and the one thing that adds color and brightness to everything in his life.

"His mother and father......they are .....," Edward chose to keep his thoughts to himself, though he had something to say. "Anyway, it's never easy. Take care of him. Even if he becomes difficult to handle and shuts himself away from you, hold on to him,"

To Porsche, his mother and father were paramount. Their bond was incredibly special, even if he didn't talk about it every day.

"It's never easy...losing someone we love," Kinn's movements were slow and deliberate as he prepared the fruits for juice, his words a reminder of the pain of losing someone he love. "I will always be there for him, no matter what," Regardless of the circumstances, he will always be by his side. He loves him more than everything else.

"I know you will. He also loves you more than anything," Edward said, his voice filled with sincerity as he got up and placed a comforting hand on Kinn's shoulder. It warms his heart to see that Porsche is not alone. The thought that kinn will always be there for his grandson, even if he leaves this world suddenly like his daughter and son-in-law, brings him peace. "You should eat dinner. You have to take care of yourself too," he bid goodnight to Kinn and retired to his room.

THORN LOVEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें