Rhythm of Misery

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming and unspeakable love." —Washington Irving.

Ask Mile what his passion is, and he will undoubtedly say music and playing guitar.

Tonight, his friend invited him to his new bar that had just opened up, and Mile couldn't resist the temptation of the live music, which he enjoyed the most. Though he had planned for a quiet night, but destiny had different plans - he ended up performing as a stand-in for the ailing guitarist.

His dedication to guitar can reach borderline obsession. His assortment of guitars attests to that. Although he never pursued it as a profession, playing guitar and singing for pleasure brings him immense delight.Thanks to his friend, he was able to have a fun and enjoyable time tonight.

As Mile drove back home, he couldn't help but marvel at the pale crescent moon casting a silvery glow that made the nearby stars twinkle mischievously in the night sky. When he was younger, he yearned to dance under the moonlight and follow the flickering fireflies to the unexplored lands. He still hops with the same vigor and enthusiasm.

As he turns right onto the main road, the sight of a crumpled motorbike next to a streetlight startled him. He swiftly pulls over onto the side road and rushes towards the person.

***

Fire.

The fiery flames, painted in shades of red, orange, and yellow, emit an excruciating heat that would scald skin at the slightest touch. The bright and dazzling flames of fire hold a hypnotic power, drawing you in until it sweep you up and swallow you whole.

The deceptive beauty of the fire flames masks a lurking and ominous demon that Porsche had been running away from. Porsche cruised on his motorcycle through the cool night air, relishing the feeling of freedom. Amidst his enjoyment, he caught sight of a building that was under construction catching fire from afar.

As he watched the flames rise higher, a memory of a child trapped in a burning house flashed before his eyes. Instantly, he was hit with a sudden shortness of breath, leaving him struggling for air. His pulse throbbed in his ears and made it hard to concentrate. He could feel his heart pounding against his ribcage. The world seemed to swirl and spin before him, like he was caught in the middle of a kaleidoscope.

The searing image of the burning house invades his vision again, making him lose control of his motorcycle and fly off the bike.

BANG

With a loud thud, he crashes onto the ground.

***

"Are you alright?" Mile asks with an anxious tone, kneeling next to him. The guy in front of him fumbled with his helmet, his trembling hand making it difficult to remove.

"Hey," Mile says, attempting to get a response. He could see the man's chest rising and falling rapidly, and hear the sound of his labored breathing as he struggled to breathe. He hastily removes the helmet from his head.

Porsche moves back immediately to avoid him. His eyes felt heavy and tired, and his vision was growing increasingly blurry. His body is trembling uncontrollably.

"It's okay. I'm only trying to help you," Mile assures him sincerely. He puts his hand in the air to show he meant no harm.

When he saw he wasn't avoiding him, he says "Now breathe in," his voice calm and steady. He performed an inward motion with her hands. "And out," He breathed out with him. "I know you are feeling terrible, but everything is going to be alright. I want you to listen to my voice, okay?" Mile says calmly.