Too much

"And yet to every bad there's a worse."—Thomas Hardy.

Porsche been feeling disoriented ever since the accident. At this moment, he is feeling tired and drained. He doesn't feel much either, as if he's walking through life in a haze. He didn't feel hungry, even though he knew he should eat. Whether he was at a business meeting or at home, Porsche had to maintain a straight face. He's afraid to show any weakness to Kinn, as he thinks it might make him appear vulnerable.

He has been working diligently since taking over his father's position. He aspires to be a source of pride for his family. His father always guides him to carve out his own path of leadership. He sometimes offers advice as guidance, but refrains from interfering in his work and decisions.

Porsche is sitting in his office, going over the details of the project his team presented during the meeting.

"Not again," Porsche mutters, pinching his nose shut. This is the second time today he's had a nosebleed.

He came back from the bathroom, dabbing at his nose with a tissue, and settled into his chair, gazing out the window.

"Sir, there's someone downstair who says it's urgent and needs to speak with you. Should I let him in?" Lu's voice came over the intercom, snapping him out of his daydream.

"Let them in," Porsche said.

As the doorknob turned, Porsche's eyes flicked up to see who was coming in.

"You got 5 seconds to get lost, or I will put a bullet between your eyes, and trust me, I have a gun," Porsche sneered.

"I don't doubt that, but I really wanna see my brother-in-law," Kim brushed off Porsche's threats and walked towards the sofa with ease.

"I said..." Porsche started, his voice rising in frustration.

"Yes, yes, yes, you said if I come to see you, you will shoot me in the head and kill me, and feed my body to the shark, or is it to the scary birds...I forgot the name," Kim ridiculed.

"Fuck off,"

"Don't worry, I won't stay too long," Kim said, casually putting his shoes on the coffee table. "I'm a bit hurt though, come on, you're practically my family now that you're married to my bro. But sorry in advance for being annoying," Kim joked, enjoying Porsche's irritation. "I want to ....."

"You have nothing to say that I want to hear, especially after what you did," Porsche's words were laced with anger.

"Come on, it was just a race. Don't exaggerate. I was just trying out my new car," Kim said, rolling his eyes. Just recently, Kim pursed Porsche in a high-speed car chase. The memory of the near-accident lingered in Porsche's mind, leaving him feeling upset.

"Get out, I don't have time for your nonsense,"

"Just curious. Is it Kinn or his status that you love?" With a deliberate motion, Kim set his shoes down from the coffee table.

"Hate to say it, but my brother doesn't love you and never will. "So.... why are you so glued to him like gum?" Kim questioned, with a raised eyebrow.

Porsche clenched his fist, feeling his nails digging into his palm. Although he couldn't care less about Kim's feelings towards him, he didn't want to be insulted by him. Kinn's disrespect was sufficient, no need for another one.

"What? Was his affair supposed to be a secret? He fucks Tawan every night before he goes home to play house with you," Kim taunted with a mocking laugh. "I hope you're not letting him touch you. That would be gross,"