AUTHOR'S NOTE

"A Match Into Water" takes place in Hogwarts 1890s. This will loosely be based off of Sebastian Sallow's questline and the main quest of the game, "Hogwarts Legacy". So be careful for some spoilers! Although, I will be inserting some original plot changes to the story to make a little more fun and interesting.

I know we all love Sebastian but since the game didn't add romance in it, I figured I make a little fanfiction based from the main game with the romance we all wished we had in the game!

This is a FemOC x Sebastian story. So if you want, feel free to read this story as if it's your character inserted here.

The story will contain, violence, language, death, PTSD, some intimacy, blood. If you feel unsettled with any of these, I'd advise you not to look into the story.

A little bit of a prologue:

A 15 year old witch, Angela Lestrange is starting her year in Hogwarts as a fifth year. Before she came to Hogwarts, Professor Fig, a professor who's been working with her with spellcasting. They took a carriage with Fig and a man named George. Angela could already see the Thestrals pulling the carriage as before she got a letter from Hogwarts, when she watched her older brother die right in front of her eyes. During the ride, they noticed that a goblin rebellion had begun, led by their leader Ranrok. In fact, Fig's late-wife was under Ranrok and had gave George an object that was made out of goblet metal before she had passed away. When Angela had held the object, she sees a glow that nobody else could see which was in fact Ancient Magic, and it opens up to reveal a key. Moments later, a dragon had came after a carriage, bites it, and kills George right in front of Fig and Angela. She and Fig jumped off grabbed the key that came out of the object which turns out to be a portkey that took them to a place somewhere outside of the Hogwarts ground.

As they were walking towards a ruin, Angela finds out that Fig's late-wife was searching for Ancient Magic that had been lost since forever. Angela discovered ancient magic which led them to a portal that took her and Fig to Gringotts. The Goblin Banker asked them for the key and took them to Vault 12. They were eventually trapped inside but found another way with ancient magic. Encountered and fought a few obstacles on their way to a giant room with a memory. Angela watches through the memory to see the keepers, Percival Rackham and Charles Rookwood. She watched them create the rooms that they were currently in.

After watching the memory, getting our way out of the bank, Angela and Fig had encountered Ranrok. He was after the secrets that they were told about. Threatened them to hurt them. The fight had stopped when they were all attacked by a giant knight, giving Angela and Fig time to use the ancient magic to find a way out which led them to the Forbidden Forest on the Hogwarts ground. They finally made their way to the feast, had Angela Lestrange sorted into Slytherin and that's where the journey begins...