Chapter 31 - The Bottle

Made it just in time for charms class. I walked in and sat down besides Natty as usual in this class and Sebastian sat down next to Poppy and acted like we didn't encounter some loyalists this morning. My stomach growled like a hungry animal trying to hunt for its prey. I should've just picked up some leftovers in the kitchen on our way to class.

"Anastasia told me you weren't in the great hall this morning." Natty pointed out.

"I was uh.. at the library." I tried to make up an excuse even though I might've used that same excuse quite a few times before. "And I wasn't feeling very well so I was in the bathroom too." Hopefully that excuse worked off.

"Do you feel better now?"

I nodded.

We were both interrupted by Professor Ronen's lesson about Arresto Momentum, an incantation used to slow down a movement of an object or a person. Suddenly, a piece of folded parchment paper brushed the air and landed flat on our desk. I looked around the room to see who passed it and it was Imelda. "Open it." She mouthed.

My fingers draped over the paper to read the note;

"Meet at Defence Against the Dark Arts for a secret fun little game.

- Imelda"

"Pass it to Poppy's table!" Imelda whispered loudly over Professor Ronen's speaking voice.

"Wingardium Leviosa..." My wand slightly tapped the note as it brushed in the air and made its way to Poppy's direction. Sebastian was looking over the note and glanced at me with a questioning look. But I shrugged it off.

Everyone already stood up from the table once class was over. I was still debating whether or not I should join Imelda's game. I'm just hoping it wasn't a set-up for me and Sebastian since she knew I liked him.

"Do you approve of this?" Sebastian stood right next to my shoulder, narrowing his eyes at Imelda.

"It can't be that bad right?" I stared blankly at the walls. The air filled with silence before I chose to play along with Imelda's idea with a fun little game.

I stepped into defence against the dark arts and the students who were already there were Ominis, Poppy, Natty, Anastasia, Garreth, Amit, Duncan, Everett, and those gits, Leander and Simon. I could already sense Simon glaring at me when I walked into the room. "Where's Professor Hecat?" I asked Imelda.

"She's in a meeting with Professor Garlick. I thought you'd drop out of this game we're about to play. I'm impressed you had the courage to join us." Imelda twirled her ponytail around her finger.

"Oh I'm sure I'll do great." I commented in a sarcastic tone.

Imelda gathered us around in a circle as pulls out a clear glass bottle which was exactly shaped as an empty wiggenweld potion. "A player spins the bottle and must snog in the broom closet with whoever the bottle points to when it stops spinning. And no using wands to jinx the bottle either."

I had a few second thoughts. I was utterly so dumb to think about dragging myself into Imelda's stupid little game about snogging in a broom closet.

"Ominis, you go first." Imelda pointed her eyes at him.

"Why me?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because I said so and you're here... so spin it."

Ominis rolled his blank diamond eyes and spun the bottle in the middle. We all watched the bottle swirling around making scratching noises on the ground until it slowed down and the tip landed towards Duncan. "Who was it?"

"Puffskein Dunkien." Everett snorted.

Ominis looked like he was about to gag. "Um, pass..."

"You can't take a pass, Gaunt. The rules are the rules." Imelda scoffed lightly.

A Match Into Water || Sebastian Sallowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें