Chapter 21 - Pesky Brooms

(Pretty short chapter, just some little tension between Angela and Imelda.)

Some time at the quidditch pitch after having a conversation with the two Slytherins about the scriptorium, I was practising with my flying skills as Imelda promised me that she'd teach me. Most of the time, she was going on about how her grandfather played for Puddlemere United and her father who used to be a chaser for Slytherin.

Gusts of wind blew onto my face while I flew through all of the hoops around Hogwarts to try to beat Imelda in a broom race. I'm not gonna lie, she was quite good. No wonder why most people are scared of her. "Better luck next time Lestrange." She sneered behind me.

Right above the field, I quickly landed my feet down on the ground. "You're pretty good at this!"

"I'm not pretty good, I'm excellent at this." She playfully slapped my shoulder. "You should've seen how much Prewett bawled his eyes out after I beat him in that race." I could already imagine Leander just flopping down on the ground and sobbing constantly just how Imelda would describe. "So what have you and your Romeo been up to?"

Not this again.

"Why is it that we hang out, you always have to stick your nose up about me and Sebastian?" My eyebrows furrowed.

She took a step forward, changing her tone into almost as intimidating. "Because I'm the one who got you to talk to Sallow in the first place ever since you stepped foot in the common room."

"Why Sebastian though?" My thoughts lit off with curiosity.

She stepped back and picked up her broom, getting ready to fly away. "Race you there?" Her eyes pointed at the hoops of the quidditch field then flew to that direction.

I picked up my broom and flew after her until we reached the three rings.

"When you first came into the great hall for the sorting ceremony, I overheard Sebastian talking to Ominis about you."

"Do you remember what he said?" I asked while leaning forward against the broom with a force speed.

"He was saying you looked very interesting and he couldn't take his eyes off you during the ceremony." Imelda smirked up at me.

My cheeks flushed.

"Sallow's got a huge crush on you, you know."

I shut my eyes for a second to process my mind. "No way..." I wondered if I said that in denial or I'm just being stupid right now. Well I mean it was quite obvious that he's been flirting with me as a joke. Or the times where we were at an inch.

"And I know you like him too." she sneered.

"Whatever, let's just do another round..." I tried to change the subject.

WOOOOSSSHHHHH!

The gust of wind whistled. I was actually more focused than I was last round. Imelda kept taunting me about Sebastian so I could lose the round. But I didn't let that stop me, so I kept going. One more ring. One more ring... I was a lot closer to my reaching point back to the field. I knew I wouldn't give up. Not this time.

WOOOOSSSHHHHH!

I finally did it. I was one foot in front of Imelda when I reached the field. The look on her face tells me she was completely pissed off after she found out she didn't win. "That's not- you must've cheated you-" Imelda was definitely in rage since I could see her face all boiled up. She couldn't find the right words to be in denial and eventually she gave up. "Ugh! Fine. You won." Imelda groaned in frustration. "Don't think this is over now, Lestrange."

I placed my hand on my hip. "Is that what you think?"

"Well I guess I must admit you're not terrible." Imelda shrugged her shoulders. "But if you want my respect, you still have a lot to prove." There goes that stink-eye again.

"What if I don't want your respect?" I scoffed lightly.

"Then bugger off and go snog with Sallow like I care. Best you stay a distance from Anastasia, my best friend." She was about to walk away until she needed to say one thing. "By the way Professor Kagawa is looking for you."

"How do you know?"

"I'm her favourite." Imelda pouted then proceeded to walk off.

Shit. I'm in trouble.

I walked back to the training grounds and Professor Kagawa was there waiting. I swallowed my throat out of the nerves. "Skipping your first flying lesson, huh?" Her eyes narrowed. "Fifty points from Slytherin."

I swear that was the only class I ever skipped.

"Although I've seen my best student, Imelda Reyes teaching you at the quidditch field." Professor Kagawa nodded. "Perhaps she taught you well."

"I did out flew Imelda."

"Impressive... no other student had beaten her yet. But I'll let you off the hook since out flew one of my best students around here." She winked.

I was merely surprised she didn't get me detention, but I did lose a bunch of points from Slytherin.