Chapter 3 - Crossed Wands

It was a good day to be at the library, especially when you're studying with your friends. Anastasia was studying for her potions class while I walk around the library to see if there's any interesting books. As I looked through every section, I stumbled upon Ominis and Sebastian talking.

"Has she gone to the Crossed Wands yet?" Ominis asked Sebastian.

"Not yet I don't think."

Oh right, I forgot about the secret dueling club. Maybe I should go there right now.

Moments later, I headed towards the clock tower to meet a young Gryffindor, Lucan Brattleby who appears to be in charge of the club. "Oh you're Angela Lestrange. Sebastian was telling me about you. I heard you two are close..."

"I only met him yesterday," I shrugged.

"By the way, I'm Lucan Brattleby," the young Gryffindor smiled.

"Who else goes to this club?"

"Hm... let's see, Natty, Charlotte, Eric, Simon, Leander, Astrid..."

Sebastian walked into the clock tower. "There you are Lestrange. So you finally decided to be here," he chuckled.

I try to ignore him. "So how does this work?"

"We call this club, Crossed Wands. You show up. I match you with some other duelists and whoever is still standing wins," Lucan explained. "You can also choose to duel with a partner if you'd like."

"Yeah, I think I'll join your club." If I beat Sebastian yesterday, there could be a chance I could beat the other duelists.

"Great! That's settled then. Welcome to the club!" He beamed. "Let me know when you're ready to duel."

I stepped away from him. I saw Natty talking with Sebastian so I decided to walk over to them. "So Angela... have you finally considered joining?" He smirked.

"Yes I have. Maybe I'll duel against you again."

"Who says something about dueling against me?"

Excuse him?

"C'mon Lestrange, we're not just rivals all the time," he scratched his head. "We could always duel together you know."

"Okay, maybe you're right."

"I always am."

No you're not.

A little while later, I told Lucan that I was ready to duel. At the center of the ring, it was me and Sebastian between a Gryffindor boy, Simon and a Ravenclaw girl, Astrid.

"Get ready to lose, new fifth year," Simon was a little too cocky.

ANDDD START!!

It took five minutes for one round. I must say, Sebastian and I make a good team. The round was over and we won. I could see the look on Simon's face when I won. He was absolutely furious. "That stupid new fifth year... of course it's always the Slytherins."

That little fucking prick.

"Ignore Simon, he can be a bitch sometimes," Sebastian glared at him.

I scoffed, "I really don't mind him."

The Ravenclaw girl approached us. "I'd say you did really good! Astrid Louberry," she offered me a handshake.

I shook her hand. "Nice to meet you Astrid, and you did really good too."

"Thank you, I appreciate it!" Astrid smiled, then she walked away.

Sebastian looked at me. "Are you ready for round two?"

I glanced at Natty from the distance. "I think I'll duel with Natty this round..."