Chapter 29 - Elvis And Reaper

Days after days.

Weeks after weeks.

after the trial.

September has already ended. I've already spent my first month here at Hogwarts. Colours of the leaves started to change. Autumn was here. The temperature began to cool down. Winds were howling around Hogwarts. Pumpkins were growing around the patches near Hogsmeade. Even pumpkin pies were served at the great hall. It was Sebastian's favourite. He would invite me and Ominis to share a couple pieces of pie together, even if Ominis wasn't very fond of pumpkin pie.

"Seriously Ominis, how the hell do you not like pumpkin pie?" Sebastian dropped his fork, hitting it against his plate.

Ominis crinkled his nose at the thought of eating pumpkin pie. "I don't think pumpkins and pies sound good together-"

"Well your opinion sounds ridiculous."

"And it's my opinion for a reason." He leaned his elbow against the table.

"Whatever you say Ominis. Whatever you say..." Sebastian went to pick up his fork again and consumed the crust of the pumpkin pie.

Once breakfast was already done, I felt some sort of slight fur tickling against my boots and leggings as it crawled past underneath the table. It was a black cat that came out of the table and ran away out of the great hall. I decided to go after it while the students were heading to their class. Sebastian and Ominis were left in confusion when they noticed I was chasing after a familiar black cat along the hallway.

"Isn't Potions class the other way?" Ominis traced his wand to the left. "And why is she going after a cat?"

Sebastian shrugged and went after my footsteps with Ominis.

Stairs spiralled down until I reached a room full of barrels and portraits of food up against the brick walls. The cat entered a half opened portrait door, leading straight to the kitchen.

"Wait- Angela slow down!" Sebastian and Ominis ran out of breath trying to catch up to me when they should've gone to potions instead.

"Are we even supposed to be here?!"

I ignored their response and stepped into the doorway. The scent of baked potatoes and pastries entered my nostrils. The sounds of butcher knives hitting the wooden boards. boils and bubbles in a steaming hot giant cauldron. Bunch of elves were in the kitchen, some of them chasing around, some of them playing in water, some of them assembling foods, and some of them stomping on fresh raw meat.

"I wish I could eat all this..." Sebastian's eyes fixated on the meals

One of the elves turned to us from the distance that might've recognized me. "Oh Merlin, Miss Lestrange?" The elf jumped off the stool and rushed towards me.

"You know this elf?" Ominis raised an eyebrow.

"Elvis, a house-elf back at my estate." I answered. Elvis was not only a house-elf but also a good friend of mine back home.

The two Slytherins greeted each other with a small wave.

"Elvis thinks it's a pleasure to meet dear Miss Lestrange's friends." He says with a quick bow down.

"Have you seen a black cat somewhere?"

"No, Elvis hasn't-" His words paused when we heard a sudden pot crash onto the floor.

I looked over to the direction of the noise to see the same black cat I was looking for on the table. "Reaper...?" Reaper was the name of my cat that I had when I was ten years old.

The elf panicked. "What the- Reaper shouldn't be here! He must be following Elvis here."

I furrowed my eyebrows out of curiosity. "Hold on a moment, why exactly did you arrive here?" Reaper sat on the edge of my boot.