Chapter 17 - Hope And Embrace

(Here's another song recommendation I think will fit the vibe of this chapter.)

Risk by Deftones:

(I FUCKING LOVE DEFTONES ESPECIALLY THIS SONG!! Well anyways, sit back and enjoy reading while you can!😉)

It's been quite a while since Sebastian stormed out of the house and Solomon kicking all of us out after hearing the cries of pain from Anne. Sebastian was there sitting by the dandelions, looking sorrowful at them. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone but Ominis and I approached him to make sure he's alright.

"I apologize that you have to see my uncle being an ass." He spoke quietly. "I just need a moment alone right now if you don't mind."

"We just wanted to make sure you're alright Sebastian. We don't really mean to interfere," Ominis nodded.

"Oh it's really nothing to worry about, I just needed some alone time," Sebastian carefully pulled off one of the dandelions from the grass.

"We understand." I said as we walked off back to the house. Ominis suggested that I should try to talk to Solomon while he chats with Anne for a bit.

I approached Solomon as he was outside in front of the house working on a wooden horse wagon. "That boy will fray my last nerve." He grumbles to himself.

"Um- excuse me Mr. Sallow?" I hesitated with my words.

"Oh, you're one of Sebastian's friends aren't you?" Solomon gave me the stern look.

I nodded slowly. "Yes, Angela Lestrange."

"Solomon Sallow. I apologise on behalf of my nephew." He scratched his beard. "He doesn't know when to stop. He thinks he can help Anne but there's nothing else that can be done for her." Solomon sighed and look down straight at me.

"Perhaps the healers don't know anything, sir. Surely there's something," I glared at him shrugging lightly. "Sebastian is single-mindedly focused on finding a way to help Anne. And if there's a cure, he will find it." I had to convince Solomon to give Sebastian a chance to at least find a cure for her.

"Your faith in Sebastian is misplaced. Some sort of dark magic cursed Anne and the goblins aren't likely to explain themselves anytime soon."

My fingers curled into a fist.

"Giving her hope is cruel. The only thing to do now is keep Anne comfortable and stay out of the Loyalists' way."

I tried to keep formal as I could otherwise I'd have an outburst. "With all due respect sir, hope could keep Anne's spirits up."

"Look, I know what's best for Anne and Sebastian," Solomon scoffed rudely. "They are my stubborn brother's children. Especially Sebastian..." He crossed his arms still keeping that stern face. He really sounded like he despised Sebastian as ever. "if you really want to be of help, you'll make sure Sebastian does what he should do. Not what he wants to do."

Sebastian glanced at Solomon and I while he was walking by.

"Now if you don't mind, I've got business to take care of." Solomon continued to work on the horse wagon.

At this time, I've decided to check up on Anne and Ominis. I opened the front door of their house entering the warm atmosphere of their living room. The soothing sound of the fireplace crackling. Ominis and Anne were sitting on the table together by the fireplace. I joined in wanting to make sure they're alright. "Mind if I join you guys?" I spoke gently