Chapter 15 - The Lake

Hearing the sound of yelling outside our dorm room was totally a way to spend my time concentrating on my book I was reading before supper. Anastasia and Imelda stormed into our room and looked at each other.

"Go on, say something you want to say Imelda." Anastasia crossed her arms.

Imelda rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Do I have to?"

"You spread a rumour about her, so yes you do."

I was still on my bed with a book in my hands not saying anything, just giving an empty expression.

"Sorry Angela..." Imelda groaned. She may be a little bit overboard but I guess I just have to get used to her character.

"It's all good." I nodded and set the book down on my bed.

Anastasia had that smile across her face. "See? We're all friends aren't we?" She glanced at both of us.

"Yeah, friends..." the look in Imelda's eyes that was giving me the snake look tells me she definitely wants to murder me. Things got a little settled between all of us before we had to head down to the great hall for supper.

At the tables, we were served with mashed potatoes with gravy and some corn bread. I wasn't too hungry but I proceeded to eat my meal slowly. By the time supper had ended, it was approximately 6:30. The time Sebastian wanted me and Ominis to meet at the lake. Once everybody went back to their common rooms, Ominis and I immediately got up and head out of the grounds and walked along the trails outside of Hogwarts. It was pretty dark as we were looking for Sebastian by the lake.

"ANGELA! OMINIS! OVER HERE!" Sebastian was waving his arm around to get our attention.

"Oh dear..." Ominis sighed.

Once we reached to Sebastian, we all sat down under a tree, just listening to the sound of the crickets chirping and the breeze brush through our skin. I felt really relaxed just sitting between Ominis and Sebastian.

"Angela, may I ask you a question?" Sebastian turned his head over to me.

I nodded.

"Who did you see in the reflection...?"

The way my heart was pounding felt unnecessary. I knew I didn't like talking about my personal life but I proceeded to answer his question anyway. "I just saw my brother Edward..."

"Oh you have a sibling?" Ominis raised his eyebrow.

"Well had..." Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if I talked a little bit about my personal life. "And he's dead." At that point, I didn't even sound happy or upset when I said those words.

"What happened to him...?" He asked.

I sighed deeply thinking it would make the situation worse if I keep talking about him. I wouldn't want them to feel bad but I ignored what I thought was right and continue to keep telling them about my life. "He was everything but ever since he was gone, things went downhill for my parents... none of them ever bothered to speak to each other like a normal family would, no one would be ever bother to pay attention to each other, not even to me. Sometimes I feel like it was my fault that my brother died."

I felt Sebastian's left pinky slightly brushed against the side of my right hand. The way he was caressing it made me feel a bit of spark around us. The look in his eyes softened. It looked as though he felt pretty bad after hearing what I just said about my brother. "We're very sorry about your brother Angela... and I know you shouldn't blame yourself for your brother's death." He was still caressing my hand.

"Well I could've done something to prevent my brother from getting killed," I felt the guilt inside just thinking about the screams in front of me. Keep in mind I was 12 when he died, and he was 16. I wanted to change the topic since I wanted to move on from the past. "You saw your family too, didn't you?" I've come to realize that maybe I shouldn't really be bringing up Sebastian's family without knowing what his is like. Well, I knew his sister Anne was suffering from a curse but I wasn't sure if he ever mentioned anything about his parents.