Chapter 20 - Gaunt Line

Family Line by Conan Gray:

(Just had to add this song for the upcoming little emotional scene in this chapter :') )

Such a delightful afternoon listening to Imelda complain how our Headmaster, Professor Black canceled quidditch this year. I knew what quidditch was, I just never thought of getting into a position of a quidditch game. I don't blame Imelda for being upset about it. I would also be upset if something I was hoping for canceled unexpectedly.

"I just never understood why, Professor Black had to cancel quidditch JUST as I was supposed to beat those skeevy Gryffindors. Especially that damn Prewett..." she scoffed, slipping her books off to the bench. "Don't you have flying for your next class?"

I nodded.

"Ugh, her next class is for slow pokes." Imelda rolled her eyes and tugged my sleeve. "I'd advise you to skip that class. I can teach you better than Professor Kagawa can."

Was it really a good idea to be under Imelda's influence? Maybe a little class skipping won't be as bad. "Are you sure?"

She gave me the stink-eye. "About me teaching better than Professor Kagawa? Or skipping a class?"

"Skipping a class." I smiled it off trying to keep the irritation inside me.

"Good." Imelda's intimidating expression quickly wiped away like she never intended to murder me or something if I doubt she was better. "That's settled then. I'll see you in a few hours Lestrange!" She picked up her books from the bench before walking off.

Damn, does she really despise me that much?

It should have something to do with my friendship with Anastasia since I heard she and Imelda have been best friends for a long time which could be the case as to why she seems to despise me. But for now, it won't bother me too much... I hope.

Now that Imelda had gone off, I've decided to pass some time in the undercroft during class, which I should be in but I'm not. Hopefully nobody sees me skipping class and trying to sneak into the undercroft unless it was Ominis or Sebastian nearby.

Once I walked down the steps, I immediately heard whispers and footsteps from down to the undercroft. I had assumed it was one of those two Slytherins. My head peaked out around the gateway by the steps. Ominis was just slowly pacing back and forth by the crates.

"Lestrange, I know you're in here." Ominis called out letting his voice cause a small echo around the room. "I may not see you but I can sense you."

"Shouldn't you be in class?" I walked over to him.

"Shouldn't you?"

I noticed Ominis was acting quite odd than usual. The way he seems a little pissed off, and his walk pace back and forth tells me there must be something going on. "Are you alright?"

"Sebastian and I, sort of had a little argument..." He looked down on the ground and shrugged his shoulders. "Salazar Slytherin had a secret scriptorium here in Hogwarts which had something to do with dark arts."

Dark Arts...

"Sebastian thinks there's answers to find a cure for Anne in that scriptorium," His voice began to tremble a bit. "I love Anne and all but I cannot let myself get involved into dark arts... Not again."