Chapter 30 - Estates

My eyes wandered around the bare village, filled with drought at least. The four keepers I've already recognized, one of Professor Rackham, standing from a distance, watching him use his magic to form the sky into rain clouds. Not only that he made the sky rain, but also used his magic to form this drought into a beautiful landscape.

This village... I swear to Merlin, I've been to this place before.

The only village I've ever been to was Feldcroft with Sebastian.

Feldcroft.

Could it be Feldcroft...?

My eyelids slowly lifted up with a blurry vision that lasted only for a moment now just realising that it was some sort of a dream or a memory that creeped into my head as if I was forgetting something. Was that part of the reason why I was having this dream just now? Maybe I was missing something.

Part of me wanted to head to Feldcroft and see what was up, part of me didn't. And you know what, I'm going to trust my instincts. It was early in the morning, so I should have time to investigate Feldcroft. I rush into my uniform before saying goodbye to Reaper and head off to the edge of the Hogwarts grounds where I can find the floo powder, thus running into Sebastian.

"Morning Lestrange. Why are you in such a rush?" He adjusted his robes as his eyebrow lifted.

"N-Nothing." I almost shoulder-checked him before he slightly grabbed my wrist and carefully pulled me back. "Hey what are you-"

"I thought friends don't keep secrets from each other."

I felt completely speechless as I barely saw Sebastian act like this before. "I just needed to go to Feldcroft."

Sebastian chuckled flirtatiously and let go of my wrist. "Without me? I was already planning to visit Anne somewhere this week."

"Then why don't we go together?" I suggested.

"Of course." He nodded. "But first, explain to me why you're going to Feldcroft right now?" Sebastian already knew about my ancient magic traces ever since the beginning, so there was no point in keeping secrets from him and told him about the dream I had. "So you were dreaming about a girl you know living in Feldcroft...?"

"She wasn't just any girl, that was Isidora Morganach."

"You mean the girl in the memories you looked into?" Sebastian questioned.

"Yes, now let's get to Feldcroft before class starts." I pulled his wrist, leading towards the floo powder to travel to Feldcroft. Good thing we didn't need a Hippogriff to waste our time flying all the way there.

I nearly fell and just then, Sebastian caught me into his arms. I was able to balance back on my feet and gestured a thank you to him as he let go. Who knew travelling would be this easy.

"Home sweet home." Sebastian breathed into the air of Feldcroft. "I don't think I've shown you around here yet, have I?"

"No, but let's go visit your sister first." I was also hoping to see Anne as well.

"Someone's happy. I like it." He smirked and led the way to his cottage house.

One knock on the door, no one answered.

Another knock, no response.

One loud knock and finally someone answered. And of course it was Solomon. "Ugh, shouldn't you two be in class right now?" He grumbled like an angry old man who drank fire whiskey sober.

"Please let us see Anne." Sebastian begged.

My eyes caught Anne peaking out around the corner behind Solomon, making eye contact with us.