PROLOGUE

Ananya's POV

The palace was a mess. So many preparations were needed and none of them were done. All of it because they members of the family can't agree on what's best to welcome their princess back.

Yeah it's the big day. Our princess finally decide to show up. I'm angry at her but she has to have a big welcome.
"Bhabhi, the kitchen staff said they still don't have the menu. "
My sister-in-law, Nandini, had she not mentioned it I would've totally forgotten about it. "Oh I forgot about that. It's still with Maa. Can you get it from her. "
"Of course bhabhi. " "Thank you so much. I have no idea what I would've done without you. " "Yeah, that's why I'm here. Right? " And she disappeared around the corner after winning at me. I still had to check her room to see whether it was done as she likes or not. It's not that our princess throws tantrums it's just that no wants her to feel the need to throw them.
I'm still angry at her though. She left right before Parthiv was born and is only coming back now. But that's a grudge for later.

I woke up to my phone ringing beside me. It was already evening. I had told Vinayak to wake me up after an hour, I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. Picking up the phone "Ananya can you come to Parthiv's room. " My dear husband sounded too good pleading for me to come. "What happened? " Already making my way to my son's room.
"He's throwing a tantrum. "
I didn't need to ask more as I heard my son crying as soon as I left my room.
The view in front of me was a sight to behold. My dear husband having no idea what to do and my poor son irritated at his father for not getting him. I have no idea that even at this bring his second time being a father how was he still so bad at it. "Ale ale, what happened to my bachha? " And my son ran towards me like he found some sanity. My husband too released a breath he didn't even know he was holding. You would think as the crown prince he would have some composure.
"Thank god you're here. I have no idea what happened to him. " Lifting my son in my arms I patted him and too soon he was asleep.
"I.. "
"Shhh." Silencing my husband. "Let's talk outside". After putting parthiv to bed I closed the door to his room. " Why are you so nervous. "
Yes my husband is nervous. Sometimes I think dad made a mistake naming him the crown prince. Even daiwik is more stable than him. I'm just joking. No idea. "
"Forget it. Let's go. It's time for dinner. Everyone must be waiting. "

At the dining table dad sat at the head seat, with maa at his right. Vinayak was seated at his left and me beside him, with hridhaan and nandini beside maa. Daiwik and reyansh beside me and rehaan being adamant about sitting with his mother was on Nandini's right.

"Where's parthiv? " Dad asked.
"He fell asleep. He was a bit cranky for some reason. So I didn't wake him. "
"Alright remember to feed him something. " 
Our family didn't have the rules about not talking during dinner. So everyone was eating while chatting about their day, with maa listening to all of us whining and smiling.
At the end, "Are the arrangements for tomorrow done? "
"Yes dad, everything's done. "
"Good. I'm gonna beat that girl tomorrow. "
And we all chuckled at that. "What??I'm serious. " Everyone at this table knew how serious he was, even rehaan who just snorted. "This guy is getting arrogant, no. "
"No he's not. Come on let's go. Everyone needs rest now. They've been busy the whole day. " Oh how I love my mother-in-law, she the best. And staring across the table I saw nandini relay the same message.