11. GOOD NIGHT

Anirudh's POV

I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have done that, what if I scared her. I just couldn't sit anymore, I had this urge to see her, so I just left my office and went to hers. I don't know why I even bothered to knock cuz I didn't have the patience in me to wait for her reply. I just invited my self in. I couldn't help being happy at the annoyance she felt after seeing me.

I'm getting crazy. And fiance, she's gonna hate the word so much that she would even delete it from her dictionary. It feels good to see her getting hyper on the word. I didn't want to say that, but now I really wanted to hear husband from her.

My little sun calling me husband, even in my imagination I can see her claws coming out to scratch me. Hah. Let's stay with Anirudh for now. I have no idea what came over me when I lifted her up on her desk. She was so light, I could've lifted her with just one of hands. Her waist was thin, not too thin but just enough. It felt good holding her, even though just for a second. And then she started staring at me, her eyes, I knew today that they were just like that. She doesn't need to apply any kind of kohl or liner in them. They were already dark enough. Her lashes were the longest I've seen. The hazel orbs of her eyes were stunning to say the least and when she concentrated on something, the green in them came out beautifully. I don't know what she found in mine, mom always said that my eyes are the most beautiful part of my face, I never believed her but if it's true let her fall for them just as I fell for hers.

Her defiance ignited something in me, it wasn't that I was never denied of anything, dad was pretty strict while growing up so as to not make me into someone who can't take no as an answer. He used to say that setbacks in any form are necessary for our growth. After I grew up I never asked for anything, I just took whatever I wanted. But her, she's not like those things. I have to handle her with care, I can't break her, she's mine and no matter how she is, I have to protect her even from me. I would have lost my rationality if not for her, her eyes that widened seeing me that close to her. Her breaths came out like she has to breathe it all today and her heartbeat was erratic enough that I could almost hear it. I affected her, as much as she pretended that I didn't, I did. I would've done more than just get close to her if not for her scent, it called me back. The same Anirudh back, as much as I am thankful for it I don't like that she has so much power over me. Just her scent was enough to bring me back, I wonder what her touch would do to me. I was walking on a dangerous line, hah, but when have I ever walked away from it. I always enjoyed the thrill of it, and if this danger is gonna be my little sun then I'll gladly burn with it.

I never had much expectations for my meals but here I was glancing at my phone to see any message from Hridhaan or even bhabhi. Any hint that today too I'm gonna be with her. It was already half past two. I guess I've made my princess angry, looks like I have to placate her. I don't know how to do that but I guess I can learn. That's the least I can do for her. But before I could do that the door to my cabin was pushed open. I was just about to say something that I saw her, amused by her actions I asked, " Shouldn't you knock Princess.? "

" Oh I thought you don't have to knock when you enter your finace's office. " She replied with her eyebrows raised in question. Her arms were folded before her and maybe she thought that she looked intimidating but she looked anything than that.

" Pardon me. I have bad memory. " I conceded, not wanting to make her more angry.

" Bhai and bhabhi have already gone. We should also leave. " Not believing my ears, this couldn't be what I think this is, " Where? "

She looked at me like I asked what 2+2 is, " To have lunch. Why, you don't want to? " From her tone I could tell if I delayed a second longer she'll leave by herself.
" Of course I want to. I was just gonna come and get you. "

Sitting in the restaurant I knew I got happy too early, I was never a fan of continental food, it was too bland for my liking and the chefs here in her house knew this too. Looking at the table full of dishes which were just boiled I knew I was being punished. She had lived in NYC so se may have been accustomed to it to an extent but me I loathed this food. And looking at her, she knew it too.

" I hope the food is to your liking. "
yeah Princess, it might as well be my favorite. "

" Yeah. " I started eating but even after I had my first bite she hadn't touched her plate.

" Aren't you eating? "

" Oh I had some snacks in the office. I wasn't much hungry. I just ordered a burger for me, it should be arriving soon. " Ah, so she doesn't like it too, see even our tastes are similar. Her burger arrived just after, and seeing her enjoy it made me feel like continental wasn't too bad either.

The rest of the day was spent on reviewing the files and talking to the contractor about the supplies and the workers.

After dinner everyone went to their rooms and as I knew I couldn't sleep now, I decided to take a walk in the garden. No idea for how long I stayed there, when I entered the house even the servants were back in their quaters. I decided to take a water bottle from the kitchen but just as I turned towards it someone collided with me, " What are you doing here? " her annoyance was clearly visible on her face, her hair was open now with a hairband in place to stop it from coming on her face and she was wearing a white oversize tee with a blue pyjama. She looked cute to say the least.

" I could ask you the same? "

"Whatever, I just needed water. I'm leaving. "

"I also came here for that. " She bypassed me and made her way out, staring at her back I said, " Good night princess. " When I saw that she wouldn't reply I turned and made my way to the kitchen but I could swear I heard her say, " Good night anirudh. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again @ Sidnaaz28 for the vote.
To everyone reading my book, thank you.
Please tell me if you like it.
~AUTHOR 🌹