19. DATE - II

Anirudh's POV

I was waiting for her when I heard the sound of her heels. Guessing she must be here I turned around and nothing could've prepared me for the sight before me. I knew every color suited her but she looked nothing less than an enchantress in red. Her cowl neck exposed her shoulders for me to see, the slit on her left leg shifted whenever she stepped forward, giving me the view of her fair legs. They were exquisite, all of her was. As if she had doubts that I may have a chance of survival after seeing her in this dress, she made sure to diminish it by applying lipstick, none other red. And the only thought that came to my mind was what it would feel to have those lips wrapped around mine. She looked like my personal devil who came to drag me back to hell. My thoughts came to an end when she stood before me, " Shall we go? "

" Uh huh. " I nodded and she moved ahead, as if she decided I haven't been tortured enough, she removed her hair from her back and kept it on her shoulder giving me the view of her back, naked except two strings in criss-cross holding her dress up.. Before my rationality could leave and I decide to take her right here, she decided that she had tormented me enough and brought her hair back and left the house, all nonchalant about the guy in there. If she had stayed here a minute longer, I really would've said ' Fuck the date' and kissed her right here.
Patience anirudh. Patience, you can't scare your little sun.
I took a minute to calm the storm she had awakened and went after her.

I should've realised this will be a bad idea the moment she came out in that dress. As if controlling myself wasn't hard enough, every guy on our way was gawking at her like she was some thing on display. I wanted to shout, back off she's mine. But I couldn't, what if I scare her, so I just took her hand. Some had the sense to back off but some did have a death wish.

The only thing stopping me from gauging their eyes out for looking at what's mine was this woman before me, who was smiling like I didn't just take her out for dinner but brought her some stars. I guess Sehaj was right, she just wanted a normal life for once, a guy who asks her out on dates, for movies. It was his idea after I told him what happened yesterday and from what I could see, it worked. I wasn't expecting her to fall for that but I guess that's how every girl is, she may be different from the rest, who has some fantasy about a Prince Charming on his house but she still has some dreams And from what I know she never dated a guy when she was in new york. And after she came back she was engaged to me.

It made me realize that even though I was interested in this marriage, her only motivation for this was her parents. If one day they decide to back off, she'll leave happily, I can't let that happen. Not now, not after I know that it can only be her. So I need to give her a reason, a reason to marry me, for me not because her family wanted it. I want her to want me just like a normal girl wants a guy she likes. I want her to like me and the realisation didn't make me scowl but it brought peace to me, that is the way it should be.

And a normal guy doesn't go around thinking about killing people, so I have to stop glaring at people.
Maybe she sensed it too, or maybe she felt uncomfortable. Shit, I didn't think that, ' why would you, you were too busy making a claim. ' my inner consciousness mocked. I didn't know I had one, till her. It comes out whenever she's concerned.

" Can we have a private room? " She asked the waiter, who had come over after she called for him.
I had booked one in case of such a scenario, I knew she would attract attention no matter what she wore, but I had heard that the view by this window was beautiful at night, that is why I had chosen this seat.
" Yes ma'am, you do have the reservation. " The waiter said, and she gave me a questioning look. Deciding to tell her later, I motioned her to leave first and we did.

" So? "

" So what? "

" Why two reservations?. "

" Someone told me the city looks good from that table. "