25. GANPATI PUJA

A/N: Hii cheries, I'd really love if you guys tell me how the book is but if you don't want to that's okay too.
It's your choice for a reason.
I just wanted to say that I'm grateful for all of you who are reading it.
And yup I forgot to mention on the previous chapter but we crossed 1000 views and it's such a big deal for me that I can't express it.
And the whole credit for it goes to you guys.
So thank you❤

P. S. Anirudh's birthday was on 28th December and this chapter is happening on 4th January.
Do vote or comment if you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paridhi's POV

Everyone was already here, while our engagement was a private deal, the wedding wasn't, I got dizzy seeing the guest list. He and his family arrived yesterday evening and while the palace was hectic before that, with his mother in the mix it's even more hectic. Maa and aunty are so worried that sometimes will go wrong that they don't even sit still for a minute, always up for something.

Today was Ganpati Puja and even though everything was done both ladies hadn't had a proper meal since yesterday.
While some of the guests were arranged to stay in the hotel, his family and friends were alloted a two whole wings of the palace.

" Pari are you ready. " I heard maa before I saw her at my door.
" Will be in a minute maa. "
" Come downstairs soon. Okay? "
" Yeah maa. " She herself wasn't ready but even if I said that she'll just shut me up by saying something like, ' it's your wedding not mine. ' I know that okay but aren't you as my mother supposed to get ready too.

I wore a yellow anarkali kurti with a yellow skirtskirt with zardozi embroidery on their borders.

Everyone was already there when I reached, Aru was with me while Divi was coming with Saharsh bhaiya tonight

Everyone was already there when I reached, Aru was with me while Divi was coming with Saharsh bhaiya tonight. They got stuck at something.

Maa and baba did the aarti first then his parents, after that it was us,

Jai ganesh jai ganesh jai ganesh deva
Mata jaki parvati, pita mahadeva

Ekadanta dayavanta, char bhujadhaari
Mathe par tilak sohe, muse ki savari

Paan charhe, phool charhe aur charhe meva
Ladduan ka bhog lage, sant karein seva

Jai ganesh jai ganesh jai ganesh deva
Mata jaki parvati, pita mahadeva

Andhe ko aankh deta, korhina ko kaya
Baanjhana ko putra deta, nirdhana ko maya

Soora shyama sharana aaye, saphal kije seva
Mata jaki parvati, pita mahadeva

Maata jaki parvati, pitaa mahadeva
Mataa jaki parvati, pita mahadeva..

Everyone was singing along and it didn't take us much time to complete the puja. Maa applied tilak on me and him and distributed prasad to everyone.

I moved to the garden as everyone got busy inside, these days anyone, I mean any of them is around me all the time as if they are worried that I'll get cold feet and run away. I considered that but I won't do it okay. But how could I think I'll be able to have some time to myself cuz someone cleared his throat just behind me, " You. "

Turning behind I was stunned, it was him, I didn't even know when he came so close to me. He held my hand and took me to a far away corner of the garden, it was quite a secluded corner, only visible when you come directly in front of it.

" Are you.. " He hugged me before I could call him crazy, his arms were around my waist and I had to tiptoe to balance as he lifted me a bit, his head was buried in my neck, I'm sure it's his favorite place now. My heart was doing somersaults while the butterflies in my tummy had gotten a dose of adrenaline with how fast they were running around.

" I missed you. " His voice was muffled, as if he said that to my neck, hearing him say this did something to me. My arms that were still limping went around his and hugged his back, my lips curved into a smile even when I tried to tamp it down.

Even though he arrived yesterday it was today that I saw him, it has been a week since his birthday and since I've been here. His birthday reminded me of something and I knew my cheeks turned tomato red. Thank god he wasn't looking or else I might really get cold feet. I could feel the heat of his lips on me again and he was just hugging me, god pari you've gone astray.

I don't know how long we stayed like that but he pecked my neck once and left me, not completely, his hand was still on me. The place his lips touched felt hot as if it was burning.

" They're gone. " He said calling me back to earth.
" Huh? What? "
His hand went to my neck and touched the spot where his lips just touched, " The marks. That I gave you. "

Shit, is he the same guy?. Isn't he getting too bold. How dare he say they're gone, they were so deep that I almost finished a whole bottle of concealer in just a week. I didn't even know it was possible to leavesuch dark marks, as if you know shit about kissing. Inner me loves to mock me, sometimes I think it's not even mine consciousness that resides inside me but some enemy of mine.

I glared at him, he really had the audacity to bring it up, I'd really kill him before I marry him, he must've seen it on my face, " Hey, easy there princess. I was just joking. " He really thinks it's funny, I was about to say something when he came near my face and whispered in my ear, " I can give them to you after three days. Much deeper ones. " And bit my lobe. "Ouch." Is he a dog, why does he likes to bite me so much. I don't know if I should be embarrassed he said something like that or angry that he did and bit me. Neither part of me won cuz he just kissed me forehead and I melted, " Just three days princess, then you're mine. " I didn't reply to him, I just fisted his kurta in my hands and placed my head on his shoulder, as I wasn't wearing heels I just reached them and well he too stayed there just holding me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Pari, I'm here. " Divi arrived at 9 pm while me and aru were in my room, even though she was here I was angry, she was my best friend she was supposed to arrive before everyone else. Aru has been here for four days already and divi even missed the Ganesh Puja

" Jis raste ayi h usi se vapis chal ja, koi zaroorat ni aane ki. Prime minister lagi h aap, busy bande. "

'Go back the same way you got here, there's no need for you to come. Busy people, aren't you the prime minister. '

Throwing her bag on the floor she came to bed and higged my side,
" Hey pari, listen na. I'm sorry. Really really sorry. We really wanted to come sooner but you know na... Pari please.. Ab kya shadi mjhe ruthke karegi. "

'Will you marry while being mad at me. '

" Urghh, shadi meri h islie man gyi.. Neend ni khrab krna mjhe shadi se phle. Dark circles aa gye shadi pe to. "
'Urghh, it's mine wedding that is why I'm agreeing.. I don't want to lose my sleep before the wedding, what if I got dark circles on the day. '

" Yeah yeah, that is exactly why. "
She knew it, I knew it that it was just an excuse, I can't really be angry at any of them.

" Bharat milap khatam hua ho to so jae. Kl se functions start h. "
' If you're done meeting we should sleep. Functions start from tomorrow. '
Aru was the one who said and I immediately pushed divi off the bed, " Yeah yeah, go and get changed. "
" Right away your highness. " She answered and mimicked a bow,
" You.. " She ran to the bathroom as if her tail was caught on fire.

My bed was large enough for three of us to sleep on it comfortably but still we liked to crowd over each other as there wasn't enough space.
We three slept like old day that night. Aru on my right and divi on my left with both of their arms over me. Just like old days.