27. APPLES

Anirudh's POV

I don't know what compelled me to do that, but I wanted to mark her, show to everyone present there that she was mine. I couldn't cross my boundaries so I did what I could.

It was a bad decision, I was already having trouble controlling myself with her close to me and when I buried my face in her neck, my senses got assaulted by her so much that she was the only remaining thought on my mind.

it wasn't just the applause that brought me back to the world, it was the glare on me too that felt like the person wanted to cut me to pieces. I could guess who it was. Her brother, Vinayak he was the only person who had a problem with me, but I knew where he was coming from.

I parted from her but not before whispering in her ear, " Meet me at the terrace tonight." and I moved before she could reply.

" Bhaiya apne bola tha apko dance ni ata." Akshu said just as I got off from the stage.

' Brother you said you don't know how to dance. '

" Akshu apni shadi mein nachna padta hai. Practice chahie na phr, kyuki shaadi ke bad to biwi ne hi nachana h. " Sehaj answered her for me, he might've as well not said anything.

' Akshu, you have to dance at your own wedding. You'll need practice na, after all after marriage you have to dance at your wife's tune. '

" Should I call Arushi? It seems like I need to confirm your statement from her." and just like this all the smugness left his face, " Ani you really are a devil."

"Thanks for the compliment." I replied with a smirk, as everyone started to leave I turned once to see my little sun, she left with her friends without even glancing back. Her friend, that guy, he was too close to her, I'll have to teach her how to swat flies like him.

.
.
.
.

Its been an hour since I got here on the terrace, I should've mentioned time for my princess what if she got confused. It was already 11 and we have to get up early too.
Just as I was about to go to call her she came, dressed in a grey colored night suit that had a camisole as a top with a shrug over it.
Her shrug had come off her shoulders, her hair was tied in a bun, this revealing all of her neck for me to see.

Her lips were unnaturally pink, maybe the lipstick from the sangeet was still there. It's okay, it won't be there anymore.

" You called? " She said, bringing my attention to her eyes, they are still my favorite place to look at, the hazel of her orbs takes me to some different place, somewhere where she goes alone, I want to go there with her.
" Hmm. You came. "
" Should I have not? Is everything okay? " She asked, I was being silly. She was here, we already didn't have much time, either her or mine, any of our friends would be here anytime trying to take my princess from me, and here I was wasting time.

I covered the distance between us in three steps, held her and made our way to the swing on the terrace.
" It used to be my favorite place when I was young. " She said seating on it.
" The swing? " I asked as I sat beside her, the swing was large enough for someone to sleep on.
" Nah, the terrace. This swing was just a part of it. I could never see the whole palace from one place when I was inside but from here I could see it all. Baba almost made a room here with how much time I used to spend here. I'll miss this. "
Her voice was quivering, and I think I knew why.

" We can come here whenever you want. You know that right? " I said to her holding her face and turning it to me. She nodded , " Yeah I've already been your driver back in Jaipur. I can be that here too. " And a smile broke out on her face.
I was never like this, lifting someone's mood was never something I did. But I couldn't see her like this. If I had to joke a little for her to smile, so be it.