1. HOME

Paridhi's POV

The moment I saw the palace gates I was so thankful I can't even begin

The moment I saw the palace gates I was so thankful I can't even begin. It was the worst 5 hours of my life. The ride from jaipur to chittorgarh was too aggreiving. And it was even more after 12 hour long plane ride. But it's over now.
I knew my arrival would be announced but still seeing them all line up at the door was too much. It never gets old. Maa at the front with an Aarti plate in her hand, her eyes red, a smile on her face that seem to shine more brightly than the diya in her hand. Beside her were my papa, trying to feign anger at which he was considerably failing. He was always like this trying to be mad at me for not returning soon but too happy to care now that I'm back.

Vinayak bhai was by mom's side and his eyes were same as her and I didn't like that, he was holding Ananya bhabhi's hand like his life depended on it. Bhabhi was holding onto bhai's arm with her other hand and was smiling looking at me. Hridhaan bhai was on dad's left with his arm over nandini bhabhi's shoulder. And they both looked like they would cry if they even blinked.
"Aaja bacha, vahi rehne ka plan h kya. " 

'Come on child, do you plan on standing there. '

Oh I missed her voice, but right now it was choked with tears. "I'm back mumma. "
With that her tears fell. Dad held her so she won't drop, "Hurry up now, bahar khada h mera bacha. Jaldi aarti utari iski. " 

'Hurry up, my child is standing outside. Do her aarti fast. '

And with that I was welcomed like it was my first time. When I entered someone hugged me with so much force I nearly stumbled. Looking down to see who this someone was, he gasped as I lifted him in my arms " How's my favourite bacha. " Daiwik grinned at my words, "Just like my favourite bua. " 

He was heavier now compared to when I held him back then. So I sat on the sofa in the hall, with him in my lap.
"I'm your only bua champ. "

"And you call everyone your favourite bacha. So we're even. " And everyone laughed at that. Offended that he would even suggest that, " That's so not true. "
"It is. " 

Everyone around me said at the same time. Woah, busted I guess. Glaring at my brothees, "So what, it's not like it's my fault you guys can't control yourselves. "
At that my brothers returned my glare and my bhabhis blushed. What a sight to behold. "Bas Pari, aate hi shuru ho gyi tu to. " 

'Enough pari, you're at it just after you arrived.'
"They started it mumma. "
"Alright. Aren't you tired?" She said changing the subject.
"Of course I am. But I still haven't seen my favourite bachas. "

And the someone sitting on my lap snorted at that. Making everyone present laugh.
Whispering in Daiwik's ear, "don't worry champ. You're bua's first favourite bacha. And that's something that's only yours. Okay. " And that's true. He was the first and the one I spent most of my time with. He might as well be my first love. 

And he smiled at that, "yes." 

And climbed out my lap to his father's. He likes bhai more than bhabhi. And trust me when I say she has a grudge against bhai for that reason.
"So where are they. "

"They said they wanted to prepare a surprise for their favourite bua." Nandini bhabhi replied.
"I am their only bua. " Ignoring me,
"There they are! " Hridhaan bhai said. 

"Bua!!! " Two voices called at the same time, turning my head in their direction I saw two monkeys running towards me. "Oh god. " I heard bhabhi exclaim just as they climbed over me and kissed me, making me a monkey too. Yes they really were looking like a monkey. With paint all over their faces, clothes hands and what not. I have no idea what kind of surprise they were preparing for. As I was contemplating about what to do with both of them, Nandini bhabhi held them by their ears and pulled them off me. "What have you guys done? "
Oh no, these two are done. Bhabhi really don't like people being a mess and mess would be an understatement for these two. 

"Ah ah ah, mumma it hurts. " Rehaan cried out. 

"Oh it does? So why not tell me what's with all this paint. " Reyansh being the older one decided to be the sensible one and explain. "Mumma, I can explain. It was rehaan's idea. "
Oh I think I was wrong about him being sensible, he's clearly a profiteer like his father. Like he heard me Hridh bhai turned to me, 'Save them from her. ' I pleaded with my eyes. And he replied with his ' you know I can't do that ' look. huh what a simp. 

Finally it was maa who decide to intervene "Nandini leave them. Let's listen what they have to say. " Not convinced
"Maa but, "
"It's okay. They're children. "
And then she sat leaving them in the middle, with relief on their monkey faces. Hehe it's so funny. "So where's my surprise. "

Like they found something to be proud of, they announced "it's here. "
"Where? "
"Us" They said together again.
"You guys? "

"Yes bua, we thought that we will paint you something. But then Rehaan remembered that you said we are the best surprise so we decided to paint overselves. " It was the longest sentence Reyansh had said. And when we finally got over it enough to analyze what he said we all burst into laughter. So it was really Rehaan's idea. 

At the side Rehaan nodded like a good boy "yes bua, see. Do you like it? "
Hugging them both I said, "oh I love it. "

Papa was watching us when he got a call and left after giving me a hug. Nandini bhai and Hridh bhai also left to get Rehaan and Reyansh cleaned up. Maa took Daiwik for lunch.
Now with just us left I turned towards Vinnie bhai and Ananya bhabhi, "So where my little one? "
"He's not little anymore. " Bhabhi grumbled. I knew this was coming but I had no choice. I had to leave a month before she was due and so parthiv was the only one who only knew me through video chats. And I can't even say as his bua that he will recognize me. 

Yes, Daiwik already loved me enough when I left and Rehaan and Reyansh were grown up enough to atleast know I was someone. Parthiv was the only one who was yet to meet me. "You didn't come back for whole three years. " Bhabhi said as tears made their way through her eyes. Bhai left us even though he wanted more than anything to stay, he knew it was us time.
"I'm sorry. " I don't know what I could say more than that. She meant too much to me. She was the only one who supported me when I wanted to go to Harvard, she convinced everyone. And even for my job she was the one who convinced them to let me work. It's not that my family didn't want me to work. They just never wanted me to away again so soon after I came back.
But as luck had it my joining had to be before her due date and circumstances didn't allow me to come sooner. "You missed his first three years. " Bhabhi complained. And I really regret it. "I know bhabhs that's why I'm back. For good. " She was shocked. 

Yes I didn't tell them I was back for good. "Did something happen. Is everything okay Pari? "
"Of coure bhabhs, " Hugging her waist and hiding my face in her neck I mumbled, "I just missed home. " And she smiled at that. Her whole body did. 

"That's good then. Come now let's get you changed and then some rest. Everything else can wait. " She was right it can. "Yes, my Lord. " Feigning a salute I said. And we laughed as she took me to my room. And closed rhe door after her. Home. I was back home.