13. CORE FOUR

Anirudh's POV

I didn't meet her before I left. I wanted to but I had to leave early and I didn't want to disturb her rest. I did go to her room but she was sleeping so soundly that I didn't have it in me to wake her up. So I just pinned a note to her nightstand informing her about my departure. She would've heard it from the servants but I didn't want her to hear it from someone else. She deserved the courtesy of being informed by me in whatever way.

Location: Royal Palace of Suratgarh
Time: 3:00 pm

The palace was so chaotic that I wanted to go back to jaipur. Mom had been ordering around so loud like they couldn't hear her if she toned down her voice. The servants almost got scared a few times and that's a big deal. No one, I literally mean no one in this palace has ever been fearful or their Ranisa, they respect the hell outta her but never fear. Why would they, my mom never raised her voice on them, she was authorative but never overbearing, I've scared my fair share of servants in my life. Sometimes even when akshu or ashu throw tantrums, servants avoid them. But mom, never, no matter what they have they'll go to her in a heartbeat. So that's why it was eventful in its own way.

I don't get her but when I asked dad all he said was, " It's her son's engagement, she doesn't want any mistakes. "

It's just an engagement, I'm worried what'll happen when it's time for the wedding. When akshu got married, she wasn't like this, at that time she was just crying all the time that her daughter is leaving so soon. She even used to cry while eating, she was inconsolable. It was akshu who gave her some prep talk. I still don't know how she came here when she herself got married.

The engagement was gonna be a private affair. Both families had agreed to not inform the media, like we can prevent them from sniffing it.

I'm glad akshu was arriving today or else my mom really would've drove everyone crazy. She's like changing everything, thinking what if they don't like this what if they don't like that. I even told dad to change the venue with how much she was worrying.

My ringtone brought me out of my thoughts, seeing the name on the screen brought a smirk on my face
"Where are you? " The question was fired before I could even say something. I was the one who was supposed to ask that, it's my engagement and my best friends are not here with me, they should've reached by now.
"I'm home. When are you reaching. "
"We'll be there in 2 hours. "
"2 hours? Man you were supposed to be here by now. "
"Arushi wasn't feeling too well. We had to stop on the road. " Arushi is this idiot's wife. He was the first one to tie the knot among the four of us.
"Is she okay? "

"Yeah, she's asleep now. "
" Okay, come here quick. "
" Man, people say be safe or drive safely. You're the only one who says this. "
"I know nothing can happen to a scourage like you. "
"You."
"Be quick now. Bye" And I hung up.

"Who was it? " No idea when mom came behind me, she startled me.
"Sehaj." Sehaj Sehgal, CEO of Sehgal Corps. my best friend, we literally grew up together, from my KG to my MBA.

" Oh when will he reach? "
"They'll still take two hours. "
"Huh, didn't he" I knew what she wanted to ask, so I replied before she could complete.

"Arushi got carsick. "

"Oh, when are the other two arriving. "

"They should be here by the evening. "

"That's good. I'll go make arrangements. " And there she wanted to once again get to work. I have no idea how she has this much energy, but no matter what she was done for the day.

" You're not going anywhere but your room. The arrangements will be made mom. You should go and rest for a while. "
"But there. " She wanted to argue but I stopped her.