8. HIM

Paridhi's POV

I wasn't ready for him. I had thought I'll meet him tomorrow morning not tonight. So the prep talk I needed was left out. Nandini bhabhi had video called maa, who was telling us about reyaansh and rehaan's tantrums throughout the day, and on the back they were both arguing like they did nothing and their dadi was making up stories.

That was when he came. I considered going back to my room but I knew I had to face him, so why not now. And anyways with bhai and bhabhi here what could even happen. But I think I overestimated myself, because when he came I was rooted to the spot. If I hadn't trained to keep myself poker faced or neutral during media interactions,which I never had to do and hopefully won't need to do in the future too, I never would've been able to pull it off. The indifference, the nonchalance at seeing him. He was staring at me too and strangely it didn't feel creepy. When his eyes came to my eyes, I almost got scared by the intensity of his gaze but I managed. And then bhai interrupted, thank god, or I would've really made a fool of myself.

"Anirudh Singh Raghuvanshi", he introduced himself and his voice, it was hoarse, like he was tired, but not unpleasant, deep but not too much to make it scary and authority boomed in it even when he tried to limit it. Guess it comes with being the crown prince.

No idea what my bhai said next, cuz the only thing that got my attention was, " And my sister, Paridhi Rathore. "

No idea what compelled me to do that, but when he extended his hand I took it. And I felt I shouldn't have done that, it sent a jolt of electricity through me. So, when he said " Pleasure meeting you. "
I did my best to reply like I wasn't the least bit interested in his pleasure, " Same here. " And just excused myself to my room. There's only this much a person can handle in a day. And my day was done.

Sitting in my bed, I decided to go through my past few days and how I ended up here.
My return, Vinayak bhai's coronation and then that morning.

16th October, 20XX

I was crying in my room when ananya bhabhi and nandini bhabhi knocked on my door.
"Pari, open the door na. " Ananya bhabhi said, " Not now bhabhi. Please. " I wasn't in the mood to hear them explain anything to me.
"Pari, just to listen to us once. You know us. We are not here to force you or something. We just want to talk. " It was Nandini bhabhi this time.

"We'll talk later bhabhi. For now leave me alone. "
"Fine then, we'll stay here until you open the door. Let the servants see their newly crowned queen already slacking. " Were they both taking turns speaking. And she knew I won't let that happen. Opening the door, "Urghh, you both. You can't even let me cry in peace. " I didn't want them to see me like this, I knew I looked real bad in just some minutes, my eyes were swollen, cheeks red, I looked like an idiot.

"But we don't even want you to cry. "
And then my bhabhis just sat with me in silence till I said, " Why bhabhi? "

"Pari."

"I know everyone has to get married. And I'm not against that, contrary to that I do wanna marry, have a relationship like you guys have. And I'm not even against if it's a guy that maa baba has selected. Cuz I know they'll always choose the best for me. But not now na.. Tell baba please. I don't want to marry now. I just came back. Please.. Bhabhi do something na. " I was breathless by the time I finished.

Nandini bhabhi was already crying, while Ananya bhabhi too was on the verge of it but somehow stopped herself. " Pari, you know baba. All his life he had never done anything without consulting you guys. But bache this time he's doing it. He must have his reason na. "