12. PAIN

Paridhi's POV

The last two weeks were spent going to the office with him, having lunch and then both of us doing our own work. Bhai and bhabhi stopped making excuses seeing that there wasn't really a need to and moreover their excuses were getting too bad, like the other day bhabhi said, " I have to video call ansh and ahaan, you guys go ahead. " Like seriously? She's calling them and wants me to go. Baba almost came here after what I told him. Maa had to step up otherwise he would've been here checking if he did something to me. Yeah, the first thought that came to my Baba's mind was that he forced me. Hah, he wounded me, how could he think that his daughter could be forced like that.

Anyways, this past week we tried, I started learning about him. His habits, like he prefers tea over coffee, yup I learned that from the cooks. He doesn't like to eat bland food, I even used it for my revenge. I mean he just came, made me feel all jittery and then left. I had to do something to balance the scales. He's super into fitness, I learned that 2 days ago, I didn't even know he was using the gym, I was going downstairs to have some water when he came out and God.. He was.. No matter what, I never denied that he was good-looking but God had to give him such a freakin' body, I was glad that I grew up with my brothers else I would've surely drooled at the sight. I'm not ashamed of admitting it, he's hot, I can't deny a fact now can I?

And yeah I started calling him by his name, cuz no matter how strong my heart is, I don't want it to suffer more shocks in the near future. He also hasn't tried anything after that day, I guess he knew that he may have gone too far. The only contact we have is him holding my hand, he literally does it out of nowhere, sometimes scaring the hell out of me. One day I was in the garden after dinner and he just came and held my hand, like man can you make a sound when you move? For once I thought there was a ghost. I'm so glad that I didn't shriek or he would've made fun of me. I won't tell him but I like when he holds my hand. I also know he smells of lemons and mint, but what I can't differentiate is which one of them is his Cologne, cuz trust me I've tried finding them both and I didn't get it. When he's close to me, I forget anything, first his eyes then when I decide I won't look at them, he decides to come close to me, making me addicted to his scent, it should be illegal to smell so good.

One more thing, I've seen him smile in the past few days, he doesn't do it a lot but when he does it's like he brightens the space we are in. He's already got bhai and bhabhi on his team. Like bhabhi literally just came to me and said " Pari why can't you marry soon enough. Then he'll keep coming home. " Like seriously? Are you forgetting that if I marry I'll be going to his home not him coming to mine. And to that she replied, " He can't now not come to his wife's home, can he? " Woah, first him now bhabhi too. What's with these people trying to get me married so soon. I didn't know my bhabhi could change sides so soon. If I did I would've brought ananya bhabhi with me. Bhai at least had some love for me left, he didn't directly say to marry him he just said to bring him home with me. Like man, I'm the one who's your sister, you're not asking me to come but to bring him with me.

And just like that it's time to go back. It's my engagement in 3 days. I don't want to say this but I know I'm as ready as I could've been if I was marrying even 2 or more years later.
No matter what he did he never made me uncomfortable and from the past weeks I know I can live with him.

I didn't go to the office today, my period came last night and I wasn't in the condition to go.
Thankfully he didn't come to ask me cuz no matter if we're getting engaged or not, I still couldn't tell this to him without wanting to bury myself in a hole. It was bhabhi who made some excuses. I decided to go downstairs seeing as it was time for bhai and bhabhi to return. I could hear them talking even before I reached them, and it seems like they were worried about something, " We can't leave her alone. " No idea who bhai was talking about.